More than 2 days at home per week
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Senior Software Engineer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join one of the Product Teams in our Foundations Collective. Great content is at the heart of Unmind. Your team has recently taken ownership of the Content Services of the Unmind Platform. Their focus is to empower our world-class content team to publish and manage the platform autonomously and building internationalisation and localisation capabilities.
At Unmind we have a mix of full-stack and backend focused Engineers. We believe that for this role it is essential to have a more backend-focused skillset, with a strong understanding of building content-, localisation- and taxonomy services for different stakeholders.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
Build - You will be responsible for solving complex problems, immediately focusing on adding multilingual capabilities to facilitate our global expansion.
Own - You will be involved from ideation to deployment and beyond as we build key features of our platform and product. You will take the architectural lead for some of the components and services your team owns and contribute to the overall technology direction of the Foundations collective.
Collaborate - You will be on a cross-functional Product Team, alongside a Product Manager, Engineering Lead and other Engineers, working closely with our Infrastructure- and Data Teams. You will be keen to foster an inclusive environment to talk about technical challenges and opportunities.
Mentor - As a Senior Engineer within the team you will for mentoring more junior members of the team as they navigate their careers with Unmind.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of designing, building & owning platform services
- Experience with CMSs & integrations, internationalisation, localisation technologies and workflows
- Data modelling, migration and change-management workflows
- Node.js, ES2015, Typescript
- AWS and serverless architecture, Cloud based application development, Infrastructure-as-code
- CI/CD pipelines
- A focus on continuous iteration and outcomes
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Excited to play a part in making Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole-person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace
Please note that this is not a fully remote role and does require you to be commutable to Borough High Street, London, once a week. It is also necessary for you to have the full Right to Work in the UK