More than 2 days at home per week
11:FS is on a mission to change the fabric of financial services. Our Consulting & Research practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Pulse team creates a benchmarking tool used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our Foundry team are delivering a Financial Services Operating System to help businesses quickly add financial services to their offering. On top of all of that, we’re a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. ‘Cultural Add’ is as, if not more, important as pure technical fit, and as part of your interview process we’ll deep dive in our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping fintech, finance, and other non-financial services brands change themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
The 11:FS team are a who’s who of builders and operators in fintech. We have in our ranks founders from challenger banks like Monzo and Starling, lead designers and product managers from the likes of Tandem Bank, chiefs of technology and consulting from the likes of Nutmeg, Lloyds, Barclays, and PwC. We don’t want to stop there….our next goal is to hire the best experts in some of the latest solutions in digital banking and embedded finance.
Our Ventures practice designs and builds challenger and new financial services propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling and Natwest. Our 11:FS Foundry team is transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
Our clients are looking to launch their new ventures with our help leveraging our deep fintech skills across new roles we want to acquire in Embedded Finance, Crypto, Integration Architecture, Corporate Ventures, Business DesignDigital Transformation, Customer Experience and Data Strategy. These key roles will form part of our Ventures Advisory Group “leaning in” at the very forefront of our client interactions. We like to think of this group as the FS special forces team with long term strategic focus, backed by a get it done now attitude. To live up to this ambition, we need the very best talent in the market. We hire great people, empower them with what they need and then get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love. Come and get on the rocket ship.
Purpose of the Role
As the “go-to” specialist in their domains, Strategy Directors are the bridge between a dynamic and constantly evolving Fintech ecosystem and our best customers. Using your skills, you will understand our clients’ sector, the audiences that are critical to their success, and the trends that will affect their business.
You’ll play a central role in defining, developing and launching services to our clients around your area of expertise across 4 key geographies - Asia, North America, Europe, and the Middle East. You will also help clients build long-term, valuable relationships with their customers. You’ll inspire cross-discipline tribe teams in execution and offering build as well as provide beacons for briefs that captivate clients and inspire groundbreaking ideas.
Strategy Director (Integration Architecture), Ventures
We are looking for fintech strategists to advise our clients on some of their most complex business opportunities, work on client engagements, and develop some of our most compelling products. This Director Level role will report into the Head of our Venture Advisory Group. As the definitive SME in your domain you will:
What you'll be doing;
- Work in a small highly skilled team of fintech subject matter experts, strategists, researchers, product managers and clients to advise clients on and create world-class digital financial propositions and get them to market.
- Set out a clear vision of how your domain will evolve in the future across our target industry sectors (Personal Banking, Business Banking, Insurance, and Non-Financial Services including public sector) through thought leadership and client interactions.
- Build our brand by exhibiting a deep understanding of market forces, translation of customer needs into action, and working with clients to transform them into truly digital businesses.
- Design innovative domain based strategies (inc. people, process, and technologies) and define blueprints and roadmaps for future states to help client organizations on their transformation journeys.
- Own the technical relationship with clients in your domain.
- Support the strategy, design, development and delivery of new domain based systems and solutions we will bring to market to support our client’s business opportunitiesSpend significant time with clients, gaining deep insight into client business problems and becoming a trusted thought partner and advisor to the C-Suite.
- Participate in pitches and business development and partner client service directors to grow large accounts and ensure client satisfaction.
As a Strategy Director you will need:
- Passion and curiosity about all things fintech and the future of financial services.
- Deep expertise about the future of financial services in general and your domain in particular.
- Extensive experience in your domain and build domain based solutions.
- Extensive experience in leading domain based engagements involving meeting business and customer experience requirements through the architecture of modern platforms and current technologies.
- Management consulting experience
- Experience driving product strategy, customer experience strategy, and/or managing new lines of business.
- Track record of building cases for strategic initiatives and presenting strategic recommendations to internal teams, senior executives and key stakeholders.
- Deep experience in the design, delivery, and operations of your domain expertise across all industry sector operations.
- Experience helping clients conceptualize and develop new digital service models, including implications to technology and data systems and processes.
- Strong experience in the architecture, management, governance, and build of your domain expertise.
- Ability to interface with clients at any level, executive to engineer
- Grounding in key software engineering principles (or software engineering / technical background), and a passion for engineering. You may not get time to write code, but you enjoy discussing technology and working with those who do
- Deep and broad understanding of Fintech provider landscape, and comparisons to traditional banking vendors, together with demonstrable examples of where you’ve used them to achieve outcomes (particularly in big organisations)
- Understanding and empathy for legacy technology stacks (e.g. mainframes), and some examples of when (and how) you’ve helped clients ‘eat the elephant’
- Ability to simplify complex concepts but communicate clearly the steps needed to move forward.
- The ability to create a compelling narrative and sell a vision to both clients and colleagues.
- Familiarity with (and opinions on) the latest software engineering trends, their value and longevity, and where they may lead .
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. 11:FS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.