If your experience doesn't tick all the boxes but you are passionate about joining us, you should definitely apply! We look for people who share our values and can add to our open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
At A Glance
Us: Default alive startup of 70+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni. Building a web-based platform for behavioural research. £4.4M revenue in 2020, all driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: A track-record in customer experience in a startup environment, with a a passion for Prolific's mission and creating an effortless customer experience.
As Customer Experience Lead, you'll represent the voice of both researchers and participants at Prolific, while working to shape and improve the end-to-end customer experience.
Your primary focus will be on developing a range of data-points to monitor the overall customer experience, subsequently using this information to propose changes, from making parts of our product more intuitive, to improving how we're handling customer queries.
You'll also lead a small team of Customer Experience Analysts that work cross-functionally with teams including product and engineering to support the creation of an effortless customer experience, whether that's through optimising self-service journeys, or touch-points with support agents.
What you'll be doing
- Creating a seamless customer experience across all touch-points of our customer journeys.
- Defining and tracking meaningful customer experience metrics, with a view to improving them over time.
- Conducting root-cause analyses into poor performing sections of the customer journey to propose, and subsequently lead on implementing improvements.
- Working with our product squads, to create a continuous customer <> product feedback loop, and use these insights to help prioritise feature development.
- Managing a team of Customer Experience Analysts who work closely with our product squads to help shape what we build next.
- Helping develop Prolific's channel strategy, and how we can efficiently scale our team to handle increased growth in 2021, while improving the overall experience our customer's receive.
You should apply if
- 3+ years experience in a similar role at a high-growth startup
- You have experience in customer journey design and mapping, with a track record of designing and optimising self-service journeys, and touch-points with support agents.
- You're data-driven, and have experience of utilising a range of data-points to monitor and improve customer experience.
- You've successfully led cross-functional projects in a fast paced, early-stage startup environment.
- You're an experienced communicator, and are able to break down complex concepts in a structured, simple way.
- You're passionate about leading and growing a team of high-performing Customer Experience Analysts.
Nice to have
- An interest in Behavioral Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space
- Experience of managing a team remotely
- SQL skills that allow you to understand or write your own queries for analysis
What we offer
- Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
- £1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
- Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- £1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
- Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- Initial Interview - You'll have a 30 minute interview with our Head of Support and a Customer Experience Analyst. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
- Assignment - There will be a 2 hour assignment that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
- Final Interview - The final stage is a 2 hour interview where we'll deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.