Paddle are looking for a Business Development Representative to join their team.
What We Do
As the SaaS industry continues to grow, software companies can’t rely on a great product alone to succeed. They face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain and enables software companies to respond faster and more precisely to growth opportunities with its Revenue Delivery Platform. Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Paddle integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for our customers to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions anywhere in the world, compliantly.
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and autonomous specialist to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join: based on the size and breadth of our customers, we are growing like never before!
As a BDR in our Sales team, you are the first point of contact for all of Paddle’s sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for our products while partnering to create a steady pipeline of business to arm your counterparts on the Account Executive team. Your core task will be to take on cold leads from our research team, warm up the relationship and convert them into qualified opportunities.
You’ll actively contribute to our revenue while learning the ropes of a growth-stage startup and the in and outs of sales at Paddle. We take career development seriously, so once you’ve demonstrated you’ve mastered the role, you’ll have the opportunity to graduate from a Business Development Representative into an Account Executive role at Paddle.
What You’ll Do
- Quickly develop an understanding of our customer base, generate conversations from inbound interest and outbound outreach. Convert these conversations into qualified opportunities for our Account Executive team.
- Kick off conversations with cold leads and partner with companies of all sizes, from tech startups to well-established SaaS businesses.
- Effectively showcase Paddle’s set of products and best practices through email, phone, Zoom, and social media.
- Manage and prioritize your time so you consistently over-achieve your targets.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have experience in a previous Sales / Business Development role, ideally as part of a SaaS or B2B company, and are always happy to proactively engage new customers through email and phone.
- You believe in a consultative and human sales approach and understand that every conversation is different - we don't use scripts at Paddle.
- You see the benefits of Paddle’s set of products - we strongly believe that our products are helping other Tech companies grow and we want to work with people that are passionate about Paddle and can articulate its value.
- You can operate in an unstructured environment and embrace change.
- You are comfortable generating your own pipeline through outbound sales and cold calling and setting up great foundations with our potential customers.
- You are enthusiastic and ambitious, with a desire to build a career in sales.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 170 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, 401k plans, health insurance, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from an amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.