1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Scout is the on-demand, “plug and play” talent team of choice for the likes of TrueLayer, Pleo, Callsign, Yoti, WeGift, Beauty Pie and many other exciting startup businesses. We’re on a mission to democratise hiring for founder led start-ups, and give everyone a fair, equal and affordable opportunity to hire the best talent. Since our launch in September 2020, we’ve saved our clients £2m on hiring costs, and we’re just getting started. In just over a year we’ve grown from 2 to a team of 34, and are on track to be 100+ in the next 3 years! We're also proud to be a Flexa certified start up, offering a genuinely flexible working environment for our team! You can check out the details here!
A world where it's way easier for Founder's and CEO's to grow and scale their businesses
To transform how companies hire, by giving them access to their very own 'plug and play' talent team. To leave every business we work with in a much better place than they were before
Above & Beyond
We deliver more than expected, not just for clients, but for colleagues too
You'll get honest opinions, and advice. No blaming, blagging or lies
Less Me, More We
It's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't care who takes the credit
Interested? Let’s talk...
You’ll be embedded into one of our clients as a Talent Executive. Sometimes this may mean being fully plugged into email, ATS, internal comms and so on, but always with the core purpose of supporting their Talent Acquisition initiatives through pipelining and sourcing of talent for their roles.
You’ll handle everything from sourcing to submission of talent to the hiring pipeline, often managed and overseen by one of our very own Talent Partners who you may work with on an account.
Emphasis is on identification, sourcing and building of pipelines, ensuring a healthy flow of candidates through each process. Whilst you won’t manage the entire end-to-end hiring process like a Talent Partner would, we will typically look to progress you into a Talent Partner role over time with the right exposure.
Aside from hands-on hiring of roles, it's vital you truly embed yourself into the culture of the business you are working with- getting involved with company- led initiatives and events, becoming one of them!
What does this role look like?
- Embed as a Talent Executive for one of our clients
- Fully plug into their business; Email, Slack, Comms, Culture etc
- Take charge of sourcing talent across a variety of roles, filling pipelines and getting the best talent into the process
- Combine a mixture of both outbound sourcing and inbound application management (often candidates coming into the clients ATS), handling initial screening calls too.
- Ensure sourcing objectives are met (e.g. 2 hires per month)
- Ensure monthly renewal of your account
- Maintain healthy feedback scores from your client each month
- Contribute to the sourcing of other non-tech roles across the scout business alongside the team.
- Contribute to the growth, and shaping of the scout business as we continue our journey to becoming a leading name in the embedded talent space.
We’re pretty open minded, but we think you’ll likely be able to show the following experience:
- 1+ years experience in non-tech recruitment
- Evidence of strong sourcing ability across key hiring tools including LinkedIn.
- Previous experience hiring for tech scale ups
- Super organised
- A need to ‘over communicate’
- Team Player - a ‘less me, more we’ attitude
- Proactive, positive, creative mindset
We’re still very young, but are already proud to be able to offer:
- £28k-£35k basic salary (depending on experience) plus commission (OTE circa £5k but uncapped)
- 30 Days Holiday (+ Your Birthday Off! 🎂)
- Enhanced Parental Leave 👶
- Free Membership to 'Sprout' - Parental Perks & Discount Platform
- Savings on nursery costs via TEDS.
- Free eye tests, and £50 towards your new glasses 😎
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Deliveroo Fridays- Virtual lunch, and it’s on us! 🍔
- We're a fully flexible business. You can choose from working at home or the office
- Expensed travel to client sites, UK & abroad
- Company Laptop
- Home Set Up budget (£500)
- Wellbeing Budget (£500) to spend on the gym, Zumba or any other kind of sport membership
- L&D budget (£500) to spend on your professional or personal growth & development
- Christmas Season working hours- weeks either side of Christmas 🎄
- Quarterly 'Scoutstanding' Award - You decide who in the team deserves a £500 treat for being awesome
- Scout Socials- we have monthly social meet ups- a mixture of in-person & virtual including awesome lunches, sports events, Putt shack, Bounce, Flight Club and so on...
Want to find out more about us? Check out our Public Playbook for a closer peek at our Culture, Values, and Perks
We’re committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We actively encourage applications from everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We also encourage people to apply for the above role, even if they don't meet every single requirement.