At a glance
Us: Profitable and funded startup of 70+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: Product Marketing Manager in the Tech or Education sector with a passion for working closely with users
As the Product Marketing Manager working on our growing Marketing team, you'll be on the frontline of our user communication. You'll be in charge of our onboarding and lifecycle emails, keep a close eye on activation and be the team's go-to product and user expert.
We're just starting our Marketing efforts and have an ambitious plan of becoming the go-to online hub for researchers worldwide. You'll be a crucial part of shaping the story of Prolific, influencing how we talk to customers and acquire new ones to do groundbreaking research on the platform.
We want to create meaningful relationship with our researchers and you'll be the main driver behind that, in charge of all user communications and product-focused content.
What you'll be doing
- You'll be in charge of identifying and pushing our activation levers
- Managing our user onboarding and lifecycle communication
- Writing product-focused content and making sure Prolific is covered and represented in other content we put out
- Actively reaching out to customers throughout the customer journey and feeding learnings back to marketing, product and growth teams
- Create webinars, product tours and organise online events for customers
- Accelerating product engagement and frequency of use
- Working closely with customers on case studies and blog posts
- Working on boosting referrals and nurturing relationships with our users
- Partner closely with content strategist to define Prolific's core positioning and messaging
- Lots of customer interviews 🕵🏻
You should apply if you
- Have at least 3 years of experience as being an in-house product marketer, preferably in a B2B tech company
- Are an exceptional writer and have experience in procuring testimonials and writing case studies
- Have hands-on experience with user onboarding, lifecycle and transactional emails
- Have a good understanding of analytics, and are able to use data to inform decisions
- Have experience with email marketing, marketing automation
- Have a wealth of experience doing user interviews and using information to feed back to Product and Marketing teams
Nice to have
- An interest in Behavioral Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space
- Experience with Pendo and Customer.io
- Experience of working remotely
- Experience running research studies or working in Academia
- Initial Interview - You'll have a 30 - 45 minute interview with two members of the team where you'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
- Assignment - There will be a 2 hour assignment that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
- Final Interview - The final stage is a 1.5 - 2 hour interview where we'll deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
What we offer
- Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
- £1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
- Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- £1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
- Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.