At a glance
Us: Profitable and funded startup of ~70 people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). Creating a web-based platform for behavioural research. All growth driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: Content Strategist/Manager in the Tech or Education sector with a passion for shaping external communications strategies.
As the Content strategist working on our growing Marketing team, you'll be in charge of the content strategy, editing and promoting the Prolific blog and other website content, working with in-house and freelance writers and keeping all our external communications to a high standard.
We're just starting our Marketing efforts and have an ambitious plan of becoming the go-to online hub for researchers worldwide. You'll be a crucial part of shaping the story of Prolific, influencing how we talk to customers and acquire new ones to do groundbreaking research on the platform.
We want to create meaningful and compelling content for researchers and you'll be the main driver behind that, in charge of procuring and editing content written by our team, our users and freelance writers from the Prolific community.
What you'll be doing
- You'll be in charge of managing our Content strategy and editing the Prolific blog.
- You'll work with our team and freelance writers from our community to produce and distribute meaningful content for researchers worldwide.
- You'll be on top of our external communications making sure our emails, website and social media follow the Prolific Tone of Voice.
- You'll work on promoting and distributing our content marketing efforts.
- You'll stay close to our users and conduct interviews and create case studies to help them thrive with Prolific.
- You'll own our website and landing pages and create new website content with other team members.
- Have worked in content marketing in technology or education for at least 3 years
- Have a proven track record of managing content marketing for a B2B company
- Have run and edited a company blog before
- Are a decent writer and an exceptional editor
- Have basic SEO skills needed to make sure our content is optimized for discovery.
- Have a good understanding of analytics, and are able to use data to inform decisions
- Have experience with email marketing, marketing automation and website copywriting
- Have an Interest in Behavioral Science, Psychology and/or scientific research
Nice to have
- Interest in Behavioural Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.
- Experience working with agencies and freelancers before.
- Professional qualification in SEO optimisation or similar
- Our aim is to get to know how you’d fit into our team. First, we’ll have a short call with you to discuss your career to date and your motivations for the role. Then we’ll give you a task that is relevant to the work you would be doing at Prolific (2 hour interview). We understand that your time is valuable so you will be reimbursed with a £50 Amazon voucher, regardless of whether or not you proceed to the final round.
- The final stage will be an interview with the co-founders/our Leadership team, where we will dig deeper into your values and experience.
- If your experience doesn't tick all the boxes but you are passionate about joining us, you should definitely apply! We look for people who share our values and can add to our open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
What we offer
- Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
- £1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
- Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- £1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
- Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.