We are looking for an Investor Operations Executive to join our growing team based in the central Exeter office.
We are looking for an Investor Operations Executive to join our growing team based in the central Exeter office. Reporting to the Head of Investor Operations, you will be passionate about providing an amazing investor experience by answering investor queries, completing Anti Money Laundering checks and helping investors with payments.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
Day to day you will:
Provide investor services for investors on Crowdcube, including but not limited to:
- Addressing all investor queries during the investment process relating to their investment
- Dealing with anti-money laundering checks on all investors
- Taking payments from all investors and helping investors resolve payment failures
- Arranging dividend and exit payments
- Addressing all investor queries post-funding, in relation to their investment, transfers, EIS, votes/other corporate actions
- Dealing with investor complaints in the first instance (with compliance/legal input and escalation as required)
- Supporting the Head of Investor Operations to improve the Crowdcube investor offering including:
- Improving the efficiency of dealing with investor queries;
- Improvements to investor product features such as the portfolio
- Developing investor content and FAQs
- General support to Head of Investor Operations for other investor operations, including but not limited to periodic payment of bond interest payments (and redemption's) to Bond investors (including liaising with bond companies)
Ideally you will have:
- High attention to detail, be extremely organised with the ability to prioritise your own workload and manage your own time.
- Previous experience gained in either administration or legal secretarial work
- .Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven knowledge of MS Office and/or Google Apps for work.
- Prior experience of working in financial services or a regulated environment (highly desirable).
And you will need to be/have:
- Start-up DNA: be resilient, gets things done, 80/20, are comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to change, used to working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and know when to fight for the right thing and when to say no.
- Communicator: Articulate, Persuasive, Good listener, Empathetic
- Questioning: Curious, Open-minded, Comfortable expressing their opinions, Healthy disrespect for the status quo, Assertive
- Analytical: Logical, Data-driven, Well informed
- Practical: Detail orientated, Pragmatic, Organised, Good under pressure
- Energetic: Outgoing, Passionate, Joyful, Positive, Optimistic, Biased to action
- Negotiation and Sales ability: Persuasive, Empathetic, Focused, Target driven
- Creative: Insightful, Innovative, Problem Solver
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £20,000-25,000 DOE
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.