Goodlord are looking for a Payroll & Systems Executive to join their team.
- Interim Role - 3-6 months (potential for perm)
- Start ASAP
- Location - Hybrid or Remote
- Full time preferred but happy to consider part time (min 24 hours per week)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a People Admin - Payroll & Systems, reporting directly to the People Operations Manager, to help us achieve this.
Whilst this role deals with payroll and systems, it sits in the People team so you will be looking at this with a people lens, not finance.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy:
- Complete monthly payroll tasks for both HQ & Referencing and submit to Finance
- Run payroll review meetings
- Collate team bonus information and update into payroll documents
- Update our HRIS system with changes
- Complete HRIS audits/compliance double checks including new starter information and right to work checks/bank details and address information ahead of running payroll
- Complete end of employment tasks including final pay, confirmation letters and holiday balances to be paid
- Create maternity schedule letters and process maternity/paternity pay
- Ensure payroll accuracy and be the first point of contact for any pay related questions
- Work closely with the Finance and People Teams to communicate any changes
- Support with Pension Management and be the first point of contact for pension related questions
- Support with benefits admin and management and be the first point of contact for benefits related questions
- Support with the Quarterly Salary Review process
- Support with any ad hoc admin system or data requests
- Support with pay benchmarking across the business
NB. This role can be a full or part time role and can be either fully remote or hybrid working (at least one day per week in our London HQ - E1) depending on your location or preferences.
The knowledge and skills you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Must have been in a payroll role before (basic understanding of tax/final payments/benefits such as cycle to work) in a People/HR team.
- Excellent Excel Skills and you love it!
- G Suite experience would be very useful but not necessary
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect
And in the last year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info):
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Pro rated 23 days holiday
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **