In 2018, we launched the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, and we’ve been growing quickly ever since. We’re now looking for an Insurance Analyst to join our newly formed Insurance team. You will be helping the company grow by providing and assisting with portfolio underwriting, day-to-day administrative and technical support, portfolio management, and reporting.
As our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind, our policy has proven popular with UK motorists, who voted us Best Car Insurance Provider and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
Reporting to our Head of Insurance, the Insurance Analyst, will have full ownership of validations and fraud processes along with underwriter audits. You will liaise with Operations and Customer Experience to gather audit materials along with answering insurance queries. You are comfortable overseeing changes to the policy documents and the day-to-day running of validations internally and externally.
We value improvement and data, therefore you will be managing the overall pre-sale checks, post-sale validations, analyse trends and work with the Head of Insurance to determine areas for improvement. Each quarter you will also deliver regular quarterly MI to insurers.
We would love someone with the following skills and experience to join our team, so if the above role sounds exciting, we would like to hear from you.
Skills and attitude:
- You’re curious, you take the time to understand the current pricing model, acceptance criteria and fraud/validations processes
- Analytical: You look at data and determine ways to improve loss ratio while ensuring sales figures are not impacted
- You have confidence to express opinions/challenge where necessary
We’d like to meet someone with:
- Analytical nature: regularly analyse validations data, to establish additional ways to improve efficiency and reduce loss ratio
- Excellent communicator: convey fraud/validations requirements to wider teams (incl. Operations, Customer Experience, Engineering) and gain buy-in for projects
- Strong interpersonal skills: Build relationships with internal stakeholders: Operations, Engineering, Customer Experience as well as external: Insurers, Data Enrichment Partners
- Good understanding of underwriting guidelines for transactions (renewals, endorsements, cancellations, etc.)
And if you have some of the below, it's an added bonus, but not essential!
- CII Qualified
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on great things this year, and we’re ready to grow. We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Fully Hybrid Working - We will never force you to work from a location that doesn’t work for you, and we are committed to finding new ways of collaborating that make distributed working, work.
- Verified by flexa as a truly flexible employer.
- Allowance to get your work-from-anywhere set up, set up.
- Opportunities for part-time and flexible working - we are always open to discussing this, so please let us know if this might be right for you.
- Clean, bright, spacious office in Hammersmith
- Monthly one-to-one coaching sessions with our in-house coach Helen McMillan.
- Access to on-demand mental health support through Spill.
- Fully Flexible Benefits through our partner Thanks Ben, choose the benefits that matter most to you from Health Insurance, Pension Tops Ups, Learning & Development top-ups, or turn anything else into a benefit with your Thanks Ben Card.
- Real Living Wage for new parents, regardless of gender, or amount of time taken with your new addition to the family.
- Compassionate leave, Parental Bereavement Leave - When the worst happens, we want you to take the time you need without worrying about money or work.
- Sabbaticals - When you’ve been with us for 3 years you can take a paid sabbatical to rest, recharge, travel, learn a new skill, anything you want!
- Regular Socials - both Virtual and In-person.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary : £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
Location: London, with flexible or UK Hybrid working options.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.