In the role as Interim Sustainable Business Manager, you will be an important part of the Sustainable Business team and work with senior leaders both in the team and throughout FARFETCH.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
COMMERCIAL & SUSTAINABILITY
We're partnering with the world's best brands, boutiques and department stores to provide our customers with a unique shopping experience and access to the most extensive selection of luxury on a single platform. We work with all areas of FARFETCH to achieve business success and to improve our social and environmental impact. We want to empower our consumers to think, act and choose positively while offering an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you're not doing what's never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
You will focus on the cleaner pillar of our Positively FARFETCH strategy and help ensure we are on track to reach our 2030 goal: to be Climate Positive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Business your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead FARFETCHs climate strategy including tracking and managing progress against Farfetch GROUP's climate goals
- Develop tools and processes so individuals and the business can understand the environmental impact of decisions and projects to aid in priorities and decision making
- Project manage carbon reduction (and other environmental projects) projects from logistics, to product, to packaging working with both our teams and third parties
- Lead on internal and external engagement activities, engaging employees, partners and customers in reducing their carbon footprint
- Manage all external communications related to environmental impacts, ensuring all data is reliable and up to date
- Mange all external climate related relationships and reporting requirements e.g. to the UNFCCC, Fashion Pact and The CD
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience working in a sustainability role for a large organisation
- Good general knowledge of environmental challenges facing fashion/tech businesses and implementing projects to combat these
- Great at project management
- Good influencing skills and relationship management skills
- Good at defining priorities and work plans
- Passionate about the ability of the business to promote positive change
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.