Paddle are looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to join their team.
What do we do?
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
As a Senior Risk Analyst you will report to our Risk Manager and support in the execution of Paddle’s Risk Strategy.
You will be responsible for managing our risk workflows, working closely with our offshore team in the Philippines. This includes managing chargebacks, ongoing transaction monitoring, and investigating alerts. You will be driving our Risk SLAs and KPIs - ensuring we’re giving Paddle’s Sellers an excellent risk experience whilst protecting the business.
You’ll be required to bring your initiative and data analysis skills, providing recommendations to the Risk Manager and broader Risk team for escalations.
For our more strategic sellers you will be the Account Managers point of contact to provide Risk insights that can help their business scale; giving insight on how to improve chargeback rates or proactively sharing legislation changes that they may need to be aware of.
Outside of your day-to-day responsibilities you will be given the opportunity to contribute to the overall Risk Strategy and running of the team.
What you'll do:
- Manage our offshore team day to day against our Risk KPIs and SLAs
- Investigate alerts generated by our third-party vendors and transaction monitoring solutions
- Work with the Product teams to design and implement solutions for risk management
- Conduct risk investigations and provide your recommendations to leadership
- Provide risk expertise to the wider business
- Be confident in making judgement calls (at times based on limited information)
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of Card Scheme requirements and legislation around payments would be desirable
- Provide Strategic Seller insight and recommendations to help them scale
- Support the Risk Manager with project based work as required
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You have proven experience working in Risk, ideally within Merchant Acquiring, E-Commerce, or a similar role at a FinTech
- You have experience reviewing web monitoring alerts (for example, EverCompliant, Webshield or G2)
- You have experience with transaction monitoring alerts
- You have experience with making suspicious activity reports (desirable, but not required)
- You have the ability to manipulate data in Excel or similar (SQL experience is a bonus)
- You are comfortable communicating with the wider company
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 170 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.