Paddle are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join their team.
What do we do?
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
We are looking for someone to act as a partner, consultant and advisor to our growing base of software clients. You will be working with technology companies, offering top-notch customer support and creating long term customer relationships. And above all, you will be helping real people trying to solve real business problems.
Ideally, you have a strong sense of empathy and you care about people as much as you care about getting your work done. You also have a natural fluidity and thoughtfulness to your written and verbal communication. A good sense of humour is also always a plus.
You will be part of a global team of support specialists, reporting into the Seller Support Manager who will empower you to have a voice as to where your department is heading in the future. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
In this role, you will be working standard UK hours (GMT) for 5 days a week. You will also be covering weekends on a rotation with the current team.
What you'll do:
- You will respond to and resolve customer queries through all our channels (including email, chat, Twitter, Facebook, WeChat, Dingtalk and phone), empowering our customers to get the most out of Paddle and grow their businesses.
- You will drive our Voice of the Customer program to advocate for our software sellers and improve Paddle by incorporating user feedback.
- You will increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty by providing amazing, personal customer support.
- You will help to develop our team and Paddle through sharing knowledge, creating first-class documentation, contributing to blog posts, experimenting with innovations and discussing best practices.
- You will escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channels.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 1+ years experience in online customer support, preferably supporting a SaaS product.
- You are a proficient English speaker.
- You have experience using and testing APIs as well as giving customer support on API related queries.
- You’re comfortable making basic SQL queries.
- You are used to working remotely and are highly organised in communicating with teams across different time zones (GMT, AEST, EST).
- You enjoy interacting with and helping people and seek to empower and educate our customers. If there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away.
- You bring solutions to the table, not just problems. But you aren’t afraid to point out where we’re going wrong.
- You share experiences and feedback with others in order to build your skills.
- You continuously seek to improve, rather than settling for the current state.
- You are comfortable communicating and discussing technical concepts with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have an investigative mindset and like to think out of the box.
It'd be great if
- You have worked for a SaaS company, ideally offering customer support to other software companies.
- You are comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 170 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.