We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Global Vice President of Private Client. You will help drive the success of the Private Client department by building relationships across the leadership team and providing support on essential business projects. This role is ideal for a proactive individual with excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're dedicated to delivering the ultimate luxury shopping experience to our most loyal clients around the globe. Our powerhouse team made up of Personal Stylists, Marketing, Client Development, Customer Service and Operations are committed to ensuring our clients receive an unrivalled premium service – available only on FARFETCH.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you're not doing what's never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to contribute to the growth of the global Private Client Team. You will report into and support the Global Vice President of Private Client. We are looking for someone with attention to detail, solid organisational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple essential requests across global teams. You will be an experienced planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility. The individual in this role must understand our priorities, be able to proactively anticipate needs and drive improvements to build capacity for the leadership team. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside of the company is essential. You will have the ability to complete complex tasks quickly, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take action without having to know the whole picture. You will work in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group. We're looking for a creative thinker who can bring best practices and new ideas to the role. You will have a background working in a diverse environment that is high energy, fast-paced and service driven.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Management diaries and correspondence to identify priority issues, ensuring constant forward planning and effective time management
- Organise and plan meetings and events, including agendas and presentations
- Liaise with internal and external parties to obtain information and communicate minutes of meetings and assist in managing actions needed to deadlines
- Collate information, support report drafting, and follow-up agreed actions for reporting.
- Manage all travel arrangements and track budgets where requested
- Responsibility for management of inbox, filtering incoming emails, flagging priorities, responding on behalf of Vice President (where necessary), delegating to team (where required)
- Proficient in budget planning
- Attending some meetings on behalf of the Vice President and feedback actions to the director as appropriate i.e. Internal Team meetings
- Advise the Vice President on the overall meeting strategy for the team, where these fit within the company OKRs and action as appropriate – delete / amend recurring team meetings and continuously reviewing needs
- General understanding of health and safety, human resources procedure, and the basics of public relations, such as how to deal with the press
- Responsible for onboarding of direct reports and lead on best practice for the new starters' onboarding liaising with the People Team
- Providing support on essential business projects, read materials sent to the Vice President and digest as appropriate. Help with tasks that are to do with the business as a whole
- In charge of the team's overall meetings' structure for the Vice President and their level down and advise the level up as needed
- Active member of the Business Assistant team – reviewing admin processes, looking at best practice, make suggestions and take initiatives for applying new processes and pushing these within the team
- Managing a junior member of the Business Assistance Team
- Proficient at developing and maintaining systems and procedures and translating processes
WHO YOU ARE
- As an experienced and EA, you will have a background working in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a similar industry. You will have experience managing diaries and travel bookings specifically at the senior level.
- Your you can communicate with all levels of the business, especially at the senior level. You will have excellent writing skills to communicate effectively by email and produce high-quality correspondence.
- You can use Gmail, Google docs Excel & PowerPoint essential
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, respond to work with urgency, understand deadlines and have the ability to prioritise.
- You display an initiative-driven, solutions-focused approach
- Proactive in understanding the Private Client strategic priorities and timetable.
- You have experience working in a global company with good cultural awareness and understanding.
- You know how to manage your time being able to complete any ad hoc requests and fulfilling your normal daily responsibilities.
- You will be discrete in your use and management of sensitive and confidential information.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.