Signal AI are looking for a Head of Product (Content) to join their team.
About Signal AI:
At Signal AI we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell.
Our total funding to date is around $50 million. In the latest funding round, Redline Capital joined our investor group that includes MMC Ventures, GMG Ventures and Hearst Ventures.
About the role - Who are you?
Signal AI’s advanced AI-powered analysis is applied on top of a bedrock of data - or content. This content is diverse in type, varied in subject, and premium in exclusiveness. As part of our operations, Signal AI ingests content including print news, online news, broadcast, social media, regulation & tax documents and structured data. Content is the lifeblood of Signal AI that powers all the overarching activities, and it pervades all aspects of the product and platform.
We are looking for a product leader to own “content” for Signal AI. The Head of Product (Content) will take ownership of content from a product perspective, content strategy, content compliance and finally content licencing perspectives.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work with other product and sales leaders to set the strategy on what content and data needs to be either built, bought or acquired in order to support the company’s ambitions in various markets and use-cases. This role is responsible for not only setting the content strategy but also leading the team responsible for the execution of the strategy including licensing, technical integration, go-to-market and compliance. As Signal AI continues to expand into different use-cases and markets, the Head of Product for Content will be responsible for scaling the team and operations that support our content needs.
As a member of the product leadership team, this role requires considerable cross-functional leadership and communication across areas including marketing, sales, legal, finance and technology. As well, it involves the management and leadership of a diverse team that cover aspects of licensing, compliance and technology product management. This role will also be required, at times, to engage with external partnerships such as working with content licensors.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities - What you will be doing?
The Head of Product - Content will ensure the effective operation of our existing content solutions and set the strategy for future content.
- Understand the landscape of media content, social media data and structured data and explore opportunities to augment Signal’s offering to our various customer segments
- Determine strategy and operational models for licensing, deriving, or otherwise acquiring source data and content for Signal’s platform.
- Work with other Product Leaders to understand new and emerging use-cases and determine content needs as part of roadmap planning.
- Manage a team covering content licencing and technical product management of data ingestion.
- Lead the discovery process to test customer appetite for potential content sets
- Work closely with the Head of Content Licencing to establish and maintain successful partnerships with content providers and manage content licensing budget
- Provide focus to the broader content team through effective prioritisation and removal of blockers
- Collaborate with commercial teams to establish effective operational processes around the selling and fulfilment of content
- Oversee the Go-To-Market process for new content providers and content updates, including pricing, packaging, sales collateral, and enablement
- Be an overall authority on the behaviour of content throughout the product and platform
- Proven work experience in a senior product management role where you've led strategic work
- A structured and analytical approach to solving problems with cross-functional teams
- Capable of high attention to detail in order to be a source of knowledge in a complex domain
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty as well as evolving requirements as we learn more about market needs
- Excellent communication skills to make complex topics accessible at all levels of the organisation
- Proven ability in managing a multi-disciplined team and working with cross-functional senior leadership
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of something really exciting. You’ll be a key player in helping to shape Signal AI now and in the years to come. Here’s how we enable Signallers to do their best work;
- Share options - we all own a piece of Signal AI, so we’ll all get to enjoy our success
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy where you will be able to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Summer & Winter Fully remote blocks
- Health Cash Plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Pension plan
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies
- Access to free therapists via Spill
- And more …