Associate Business Intelligence & Data visualisation
Signal AI are looking for an Associate Business Intelligence & Data visualisation to join their team.
At Signal we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the reputation management space for public relations (PR), and are now joining the dots beyond. We work closely and collaborate with world-leading academics and industry practitioners in Information Retrieval (IR), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML).
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Our total funding to date is around $50 million. In the latest funding round, Redline Capital joined our investor group that includes MMC Ventures, GMG Ventures and Hearst Ventures.
About the role - Who are you?
We are looking for a Business Intelligence & Data Visualisation to work within our New Markets Delivery team. The team uses Signal’s data and technology to produce high-quality, fast turnaround reports and dynamic dashboards for our clients and public audiences. We are looking for someone excited by the idea of continuously working on new and varied projects. You will be working with a small, tightly knit team producing reports and dashboards for a wide variety of audiences including: clients, governments, journalists and Signal AI’s senior leadership.
This role will give you the opportunity to explore many different facets of the business, including Delivery, Product and Data-Science, as well as gaining exposure to the Commercial side of the organisation.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Programme Lead, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Work independently and liaise directly with clients.
- Operate under high-pressure, returning work within very short time-frames.
- Demonstrate significant independent thinking, drawing insights from a wide variety of sources and data points, and then provide their own layer of analysis on top.
- Write fluently.
- Effectively use a wide number of research tools in order to find the right mix of opinion, fact and statistics for each brief or report.
- Consume a wide variety of sources from financial reports through to news or social media.
- Extract, process and interpret data sets and provide insightful commentary on items of interest.
- Directly brief senior figures both within and outside of Signal.
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- You have excellent written communication skills.
- You have strong research, analysis and summarisation skills and an eye for interesting stories.
- You are able to produce work with tight deadlines.
- Experience working with 3rd parties.
- Experience scoping out requirements from our clients.
- You are proficient with the Office Suite (particularly Excel/Sheets).
- Experience working with APIs and building queries to extract data.
- Experience in working with BI tools such as Tableau and PowerBI to create dynamic dashboards as well as generating ad hoc reports for New Markets.
- Experience querying APIs and confident working with Python or similar.
- Experienced in dealing data quality issues and have a good understanding of end-to-end data flows.
- Comfortable creating functional and technical specifications and diagrams.
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of something really exciting. You’ll be a key player in helping to shape Signal AI now and in the years to come. Here’s how we enable Signallers to do their best work;
- Share options - we all own a piece of Signal AI, so we’ll all get to enjoy our success
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy where you will be able to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Summer & Winter Fully remote blocks
- Health Cash Plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Pension plan
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies
- Access to free therapists via Spill
- And more …