We're hiring a Delivery Lead with experience in software delivery to join our talented engineering team. This role can be based in our Cardiff or Manchester offices or be flexible remote within the UK
We are hiring an Agile Delivery Lead with experience in software delivery to join our talented engineering. We’re going through an exciting growth period enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding, and as a Delivery Lead at Crowdcube, you have the opportunity to help define and shape that experience for entrepreneurs and investors alike. This role can be based out of our Cardiff or Manchester offices, or flexible remote within the UK.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
You will be working closely with our engineers, product and design teams to coach, solve issues and unblock problems using a range of agile and lean tools & techniques. You will drive teams towards delivery commitments and build a consistent and ongoing approach to planning using forecasting, estimating, delivery metrics and contingency planning.
- Support the Head of Delivery in coaching and mentoring each of our teams on agile delivery principles and specific agile best practice.
- Have minimum 3 years' experience as an agile delivery lead, scrum master or agile coach actively applying agile principles and continuous improvement
- Identify, track and remove impediments and blockers alongside the Product Managers and Head of Delivery to maintain focus and pace of delivery.
- Have a broad knowledge of product, design and engineering practices and work with these teams to manage backlogs and plan the future roadmaps.
- Ensure agile delivery ceremonies are conducted and effective within each team.
- Have knowledge and experience with multiple agile approaches eg Scrum, Kanban, XP, lean.
- Have experience of supporting multiple product teams simultaneously.
- Have experience of producing reporting metrics such as velocity, burndowns, cycle times, value stream mapping and release controls.
- Have high levels of logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
And you will also be:
- An excellent communicator, who actively listens and shows empathy, with an ability to influence both technical and non technical audiences
- Open-minded and comfortable questioning the status quo, coming up with new solutions and considerate of others'
- Enthusiastic and positive, with a bias to action
- A team player! We're all in this together so be supportive and understanding
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35-50K DOE
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.