Elvie are looking for a Trade Marketing Manager (Europe) to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
At Elvie, we don’t believe women's bodies are the problem. Instead, we believe the problem is that the needs of women’s bodies – and therefore, lives – have been ignored, misunderstood, and underestimated.
Founded by Tania Bolder in 2013, Elvie has been improving women's lives through better – and smarter – technology ever since. We develop innovations that meet the unique needs and complexities of the female body so that women can take charge of their health across every life stage.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is a multi-award-winning device bringing hospital-grade pelvic floor care to the hands of women everywhere— it was even a gift in the Oscar Nominee Goody Bags! And now, we're proud to say that we're part of the NHS Supply Chain in the UK.
Our second innovation was Elvie Pump. Launched in 2019, it's the world's first silent, wearable breast pump, enabling women to pump wherever they please— even the catwalk at London Fashion Week. It’s since won numerous awards, including the Times 100 Best Inventions of 2019 and ‘Wearable Design of the Year’ at the Dezeen Awards. The initial success of our wellness tools gave us the means to expand our breastfeeding range to include Elvie Curve and Elvie Catch, both designed to give mothers total comfort and confidence.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including the prestigious Red Dot Design award). We’re ranked as one of the 15 startups ‘To Watch’ by The Sunday Times and Business Insider and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by Syndicate Room. Our founder and CEO, Tania Boler, is regularly profiled in top-tier media titles, and, in 2021, Tania was named GLAMOUR’s Women of the Year: Technology Gamechanger.
In July 2021, Elvie announced an $80 million Series C funding, the number one position and biggest raise in an initial fundraising round in the femtech category.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
What you'll be doing in this role
We are looking for an experienced, analytical, commercially savvy Trade Marketing Manager to support Elvie’s continued growth in Europe. This role will be focusing on our existing European markets - Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Denmark & Norway
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager for Europe, you will work closely with direct retail accounts and distribution partners to plan and execute successful marketing strategies to support Elvie market expansion and sales growth. These initiatives include all online marketing activity, partnerships, point-of-sale and in store retail marketing across all channels.
It's important that you have a great work ethic, a down to earth manner and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Elvie is a fast paced startup with big ambitions and we constantly strive to be passionate, smart, creative and disruptive. You will need to be confident working at a fast pace, across a wide array of projects, love a challenge and be comfortable utilizing the support of the team.
This role involves working closely on a day-to-day basis with the NEU & SEU Key Account Managers as well as the wider European marketing team.
- Leading the Trade Marketing strategy for Europe, identifying and planning successful campaigns and presenting ideas to the wider marketing team, distribution and retail partners.
- Leading successful launches of new Elvie products into the retail market across Europe, working collaboratively with the global team to achieve successful market penetration.
- Managing the trade marketing budget, strategically allocating budget to support global trade marketing campaigns as well as bespoke marketing activations with key retail accounts, ensuring improved visibility during key commercial moments.
- Analysing and reporting on campaign performance with a view on standard marketing/campaign metrics as well as how they have contributed to sales growth and achieving sales targets.
- Leading on point-of sale strategy for Europe, working with the global team to ensure brand consistency from market to market.
- Leading on planning and executing trade events and shows to support business growth.
- Ensuring all distribution and retail partners are supported throughout the year with always-on marketing assets, as well as campaign specific assets, working with the Creative team and Content Executive to update assets when necessary.
- Initiating collaborations through partnerships, sponsorships and third parties to develop marketing and promotional activities that increase awareness and sales within the retail channel.
- 5+ years of relevant retail/customer/trade marketing experience working in a consumer brand
- Experience working with similar retailers e.g. department stores, e-commerce, electrical stores, pharmacies - across multiple international markets desirable.
- Strong cross-functional project management skills
- Confidence in managing a complex stakeholder networks and experience working in a global/local market structure
- Commercially driven, with an understanding of the P&L and budget management experience
- Experience working with internal creative teams
- Willing to jump in and get things done, problem solving as you go
- Native German, Spanish, French, Dutch or Swedish speaker would be an advantage
- Experience with premium brands and connected products preferable
Location: Bristol or London but we're flexible as long as you're happy to come into the office a couple of days a week.
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 884 7223.