Unmind are looking for a Product Design Lead to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as our Head of Product.Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Product Design Lead
The last year has been a transformative period for the topic of mental health. We've all gone on our own wellbeing journeys - for many, it has been a time of grief, loneliness, and anxiety while for others, it has been an opportunity for reflection and growth. If there is a silver lining from the last year it’s that the appreciation, education, and investment in mental health and wellbeing has been accelerated.
We're looking for an experienced Product Design Lead to join our growing product design team. You’ll be working closely with our Product and Engineering teams to craft functional and beautiful experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and line manage a team of 3 product designers, providing coaching and expert advice, ensuring that we continue to raise the bar of quality and engaging consumer grade user experiences
- Work hands-on with our product collectives, acting as a design thought leader; driving innovation, strengthening, and promoting a design culture inside and outside of Unmind
- Work closely with the product and design leadership to define and deliver on our user experience vision & strategy
- Promote and participate in generative user research to understand underlying user goals, needs, behaviours and pain points
- Define design processes and evolve our global design and accessibility standards
- Promote an environment of diversity, transparency and trust, where your team of designers can feel empowered to share ideas, be challenged and fulfil their potential
- Ensure consistency in approach, design, and output between all areas of our digital experience
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A portfolio that demonstrates high-quality design outcomes, contributing to user experience and business value
- A deep knowledge in customer-led product design and possesses a scientific mindset and curiosity for product innovation
- A mastery of the entire design process from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to executing elegant interfaces
- Experience with design systems that are leveraged by cross-functional teams
- Full working knowledge of diverse design and development methodologies
- Passion for the impact of design and is an active member of the design community
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace