We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
We are looking for an up and coming Compliance individual who is passionate about taking their first step within the payments, financial services or FX industry.
This role is on a 24/5 shift-based rota and will require the candidate to commit to the following: early shift 07:00 -15:00, late shift 15:00-23:00 and night shift 23:00-07:00 on a weekly rotation basis.
As a Compliance Analyst you will manage the day-to-day running of the Transaction Monitoring systems, ensuring that Compliance risks are adequately identified, assessed, monitored, controlled and reported as required.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF)
- Economic or Financial Sanctions
- Payment Services, including the E-Money Directive
- Responsible for day to day transaction monitoring, identifying any potentially fraudulent or suspicious activity
- Analyse payment and compliance data from multiple sources to identify trends and patterns
- Proactively escalate urgent cases to the MLRO/DMLRO for further review
- Conduct screening on PEPs and sanctioned entities and investigate potential hits
- Support data-protection compliance
- Work across teams and departments to proactively identify and resolve operational compliance queries
- Complete Compliance administration (such as keeping client records up to date) as required
- Review effectiveness of current monitoring rules and settings and provide feedback on ways to optimise
- Continuously review current processes and suggest improvements to the processes as well as systems used
- Keep up to date with current and future regulatory changes that affect the business and use this knowledge to proactively suggest improvements to compliance policies and procedures
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Demonstrated experience in an investigation or fraud-prevention role, Finance industry is a plus
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced scale-up environment
- In-depth knowledge of financial crime policies, along with: Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Economic/financial sanctions, Payment Services/E-money, Directive, Fraud Experience
- Ability to make independent decisions with sound judgment
- A deep desire to solve real problems
- Proven ability to spot trends and patterns to detect risky or uncommon behaviourHave exceptional organisational skills and pay attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills