INSHUR are looking for a Customer (Driver) Support Associate to join their team.
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a (Driver) Customer Service Advisor here at INSHUR; based in Brighton pre-pandemic, and currently 100% remote. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, New York and the Netherlands, and new European countries and US states as we expand.
Supported by (and reporting to) the UK Support Manager, you'll be joining a friendly team of 14 who believe in delivering a world class service experience to differentiate INSHUR from your average Insurance company and making a real difference to our customers' lives.
We’ve got a great team in place and are a people & culture-first business (check out our Glassdoor reviews). We value high performance and care deeply about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
What you'll do
As our (Driver) Customer Service Advisor you will play an integral part in continuing our international success, providing our customers with top-class insurance and technical support directly via the phone, email and chat, responding to all customers in a timely, efficient, polite and professional manner. You will ensure customer satisfaction by making our customers feel like they’re dealing with a person – not an insurer, accurately logging all information on customer policies and our in-house systems and assisting in processing renewals, mid-term adjustments and cancellations on existing insurance policies.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience. To be considered for this role, however, you should be able to work a 40-hour shift pattern between the hours of 9am -7pm Monday - Friday, and do so remotely.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about delivering world class customer service and have previous experience working within a high performing customer service environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are fluent in English (other languages such as French, Spanish and Dutch are a massive bonus)
- Are able to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Are able to quickly grasp a variety of products and internal processes to help answer customer questions
- Have experience working within a regulated environment
- Know your way around Kustomer (preferable) or another comparable customer service tool
- Have experience building a customer facing self-serve knowledge base.
Your colleagues say you:
- Are always happy to chip in
- Are a brilliant communicator and a great team player with the motivation to go above-and-beyond for for our customers and colleagues
- Have a growth mindset, are open to new ideas and embrace feedback & coaching
- Have an amazing ability to adapt to a given situation without compromising standards
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
In terms of salary, your previous experience and expertise will be taken into account when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance of £1000 (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether it’s Marketing and Sales or Product or Claims.
We have recently completed a successful Series B funding, which will fuel our ambitious growth plans and enable us to invest in technology, recruit the best people, and bring new insurtech product lines to the market, while keeping us at the forefront of urban mobility. With a mission to make insurance fair & easy for everyone, we are committed to changing the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
As a global team of around 150 people based in the USA, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
Founded in 2016, we are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we provide fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, delivery, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from a quote to a full policy cover in the shortest possible time. Our products are currently live in the USA, UK and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines.
We are based in beautiful Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included), although we’re currently working remotely. When the COVID situation evolves to a point where we are comfortable working from the office, we will be transitioning to a hybrid model (office and remote). At that point, we may occasionally ask you to join us on-site (either at co-working spaces or the office) for collaborative work or in-person meetings- how often will depend on the team you're joining (for this team, this will likely be once a week).
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.