Support Engineer - Cloud Managed Services
CTS & CloudM are looking for a Support Engineer - Cloud Managed Services to join their team.
Support Engineer - Cloud Managed Services
| Full Time | Flexible home working options |
We’re looking for an experienced Support Engineer to join our Managed Services Team. You’d support CTS Managed Service customers across all of our Google Cloud Platform solutions (Application Development, Data & ML and Platform).
Reporting into the MSP Lead, you will collaborate and contribute to all areas of delivery and help to identify improvement opportunities within our Managed Service offerings.
You’ll work with a variety of teams across CTS to ensure a consistent Managed Service experience to our customers across all of our services. This role is an exciting opportunity to help define and build the future of managed services at CTS.
Please Note: Previous experience of GCP services is not essential for this role, some experience of one of the public cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP) would be highly desirable.
- Manage support requests from Managed Services customers (including triage and escalation to CTS SME’s or to Google Support) through to resolution.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail over metrics, processes and materials to support the customers’ engagement with CTS.
- Contribute to or lead Managed Service solution evaluation calls with clients, supporting the CTS Sales Team.
- Maintenance and support of customer GCP systems and services, including troubleshooting issues and working with Delivery Engineers to resolve them.
- Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure proposed solutions are in line with customers’ requirements, and utilise repeatable and consistent technology stacks
- Help to identify areas for service improvement (tools, processes, internal KPIs) across the teams, with the aim to provide a consistent and integrated Managed Service experience for our customers.
- Working closely with the Service Delivery Manager, and delivery teams to help manage a consistent onboarding experience for customer projects moving from project phase into an ongoing Managed Services.
- Experience of supporting Cloud Managed Services, ideally for external customers.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and for Managed Services and their potential for positive impact for our customers.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, or another leading public cloud provider (AWS or Azure)
- Experience writing long form customer facing documents, for example statements of work, service descriptions, or major incident reports.
- Understanding why customers choose Managed Services, and how the services we provide help customers increase their ROI from Cloud adoption.
- Confidence to present CTS Managed Services to customers and to internal stakeholders.
- Google Cloud Certified: Cloud Architect
This role would be primarily remote based, with some occasional travel to customer sites and to our office locations in Manchester, London and Utrecht (Netherlands).
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
Over the last 10+ years our open culture has been the backbone of our growth. We’ve nurtured an environment that empowers our people to get the job done. Meanwhile, we invest in their education, development, and - whether for family, mental health or other reasons - we give the flexibility to maintain a real work-life balance.
We strive to progress our industry as a whole and are using the B Corporation framework to continuously build on how we can treat our employees, community and environment with respect. We’re excited to see the progress we can collectively make.
Over the coming years we want to become the number one dedicated Global Partner for Google Cloud. To get there we’re growing and building talented teams ready to change the world using Google technologies. So if you’re passionate, curious and keen to get stuck in - Get in touch and join us for the ride!