Paddle are looking for a Product Operations Manager to join their team.
What we do
As the SaaS industry continues to grow, software companies can’t rely on a great product alone to succeed. They face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain and enables software companies to respond faster and more precisely to growth opportunities with its Revenue Delivery Platform. Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Paddle integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for our customers to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions anywhere in the world, compliantly.
Paddle has grown over 100% annually from our headquarters in London, with customers all around the world. After raising our Series C, we are building our first commercial team to grow rapidly in the United States (where over half our addressable market resides). This is where you come in!
As you can read in this article on MindtheProduct.com, Product Operations is quickly becoming an integral and crucial capacity for modern product teams. Product Ops act as the connective tissue between the business, product and technology. They ensure that the products we build are addressing the right problems in the business, and provide valuable feedback for our Product Managers to consider next steps.
Product Operations Managers will work closely with the relevant product teams and cross-functional stakeholders to surface, prioritise, roll-out and iterate on new product features. This role is vital in supporting growth, successful product launches, improving processes and helping to build stronger relationships between product and the wider business.
What you’ll do
- Establish role as product process person, build relationships across the business and tech and become the go-to person within the product group
- Administer meetings and workshops with multiple functions across the business to identify key business challenges and opportunities and translate these into product requests
- Coordinate and drive the quarterly and annual road-mapping process
- Ensure ongoing product health by leading bug triage and product issue troubleshooting
- Plan and implement quarterly planning activities across product teams.
- Project manage the implementation and roll-out of products, ensuring all stakeholders are aligned on launch tasks
- Coordinate regular updates to stakeholders to ensure company wide product awareness
- Drive operational efficiencies and enable Paddle to scale by identifying and implementing process improvements
We'd love to hear from you if
- Demonstrable relevant experience in Project Management / Product Management / Consulting (or equivalent)
- Experience leading cross functional projects and teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to hold each party responsible for their actions
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
Paddle recognizes that this is a new relatively new function in London.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 160 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, 401k plans, health insurance, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from an amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.