We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role…
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our team. Your mission is to make Currencycloud’s Developer Platform and Developer Experience the best in Fintech.
The scope of the role is to ensure that what gets built in the Developer Platform Tribe is both valuable and viable. This will involve the following three areas of responsibility:
1. Discovery: Work with customers - in this instance, Currencycloud’s engineering community - to identify problems to be solved by the Developer Platform Tribe
2. Delivery: Get quality working software into the hands of users quickly and sustainably using Agile software development
3. Adoption: Collaborate with colleagues around the business to ensure platform-as-a-product is being used by your customers
What you'll get to do?
- Product vision, strategy & roadmap:
- Conduct deep research of user needs, the market & technology
- Set out the product vision & product strategy for Developer Platform
- Get buy-in for the product vision & product strategy for Developer Platform from stakeholders (i.e. engineers and other business stakeholders)
- Develop a product roadmap that has broad buy-in among stakeholders in Engineering and around the business
- Problem identification & investigation, including requirements gathering from customers (e.g. workshopping with developers to define what needs to be built to improve developer experience)
- Prioritise features & products based on customer, commercial & strategic value
- Turn customer problems from discovery into a product backlog
- Prioritise & maintain the product backlog
- Gather detailed requirements relating to new features & products to be delivered by the Developer Platform Tribe
- Turn detailed requirements (epics) into user stories and tasks with clear acceptance criteria for the Developer Platform engineers
- Board ownership: i.e. managing the flow of work
- Drive the adoption of Developer Platform products in the Currencycloud engineering community
- Unblock any systemic blockers to new product usage
- Communicate product performance to stakeholders
- Background in computer science, Software Engineering, DevOps Engineering or QA engineering is a must
- 1 years + proven experience in a Product Owner/Product Manager role, preferably in a software-first Fintech or tech firm, or you’re a software engineer looking to move into Product ManagementC
- omfort working with agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Ability to define a product backlog using standard categories like epics & user stories
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the following:AWS tools and technologies, Kubernetes, CI / CD tools and techniques, Infrastructure as code using e.g. Terraform or CloudFormation or Cloud Native practices
- Experience working in a technical delivery role such as Software Engineer or QA engineer will be an advantage
- You take accountability for getting things done
- You’re naturally collaborative, with an ability to influence colleagues in small, cross-functional scrum teams
- You understand the right level of abstraction and the right level of technical detail to use in a conversation based on your audience