INSHUR are looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join their team.
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Test Engineer here at INSHUR, working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including the UK, USA and new European countries and US territories as we expand.
Supported by (and reporting to) one of our Engineering Managers, you'll be joining a friendly team of 9 who believe in developing high quality and scalable solutions.
We’ve got a great team in place and are a people & culture-first business (check out our Glassdoor reviews). We value high performance and care about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
What you'll do:
As our Test Engineer you will be joining our expanding test team. You will be working with key stakeholders and encouraged to promote testing as an activity that occurs at all levels of the department process. You will be an integral part of an agile scrum team and will be expected to design tests through models, techniques and other specialised skills and knowledge.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our recruitment is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed below. However, we think the below would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of TDD / BDD methodologies
- Are fluent in Typescript or Java and experienced in writing automated tests and scripting
- Have a good understanding of performance, security, accessibility and operational acceptance testing.
- Are confident in creating automation frameworks in multiple modern languages (Typescript or Java), writing tests for web applications, RESTful or GraphQL API services in code.
- Have a passion for sharing knowledge and fostering a “test first” mindset in your project team and within the organisation.
- Have plenty of experience with good development practices (repository management tools (git), versioning, clean code).
Your colleagues say you are:
- An advocate for quality and have a “Build Quality in” attitude
- More focused on prevention of software bugs over finding them
- A champion for software testing, always keen to learn and educate others
- Someone who is always happy to helps, adding value to projects
What we offer:
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
In terms of salary, your previous experience and expertise will be taken into account when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance of £1000 (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you.
We have recently completed a successful Series B funding, which will fuel our ambitious growth plans and enable us to invest in technology, recruit the best people, and bring new insurtech product lines to the market, while keeping us at the forefront of urban mobility. With a mission to make insurance fair & easy for everyone, we are committed to changing the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
As a global team of around 150 people based in the USA, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
Founded in 2016, we are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we provide fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, delivery, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from a quote to a full policy cover in the shortest possible time. Our products are currently live in the USA, UK and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines.
We are based in beautiful Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included), although we’re currently working remotely. When the COVID situation evolves to a point where we are comfortable working from the office, we will be transitioning to a hybrid model (office and remote). At that point, we may occasionally ask you to join us on-site (either at co-working spaces or the office) for collaborative work or in-person meetings- how often will depend on the team you're joining (for this team, this will likely be 2-3 times a month)
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.