Browns Product Sub-Editor is responsible for ensuring all Browns product descriptions are accurate, on-brand and free from any grammatical or spelling errors.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting into the Content Lead - Browns, the Browns Product Sub-Editor will ensure all Browns product descriptions are accurate, on-brand and free from any grammatical or spelling errors. The role will also be responsible for ensuring the size, fit and fabric compositions are correct for each item as well as sub-editing category copy and brand biographies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Sub-edit all product copy according to house style and glossaries; working to tight daily deadlines to check accuracy of copy against images, as well grammar, spelling and formatting
- Sub-edit category copy and brand biographies
- Maintain quality of content on product pages with regular quality checks and site audits
- Document constructive feedback for writers on the team
- Assist the Browns Copy Lead with ad hoc audits and projects
- Attend brand training
- Contribute to daily callouts for gold-standard copy
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a strong proofreading and subbing background in a fashion e-commerce environment
- Experience within luxury retail, with a sound knowledge of luxury fashion, designers and brands
- Competent using different content management systems
- Able to showcase a good understanding of garment and accessory construction
- Commitment to deliver first-class work every time, with very strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will be highly self-motivated and passionate about the Browns brand
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.