If your experience doesn't tick all the boxes but you are passionate about joining us, you should definitely apply! We look for people who share our values and can add to our open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
What We Offer:
Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
£1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
£1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
£1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
The Interview Process
Initial Interview - You'll have a 30 - 45 minute interview with two members of the team where you'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
Assignment - There will be a 2 hour assignment that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
Final Interview - The final stage is a 1.5 - 2 hour interview where we'll deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
At Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Our co-founders Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers from both Academia and industry with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, our bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioural research.
We were in Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we've been growing 3x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we're default alive, and we have very ambitious plans.
Our researchers want data they can use and trust, and our participants want fair rewards, interesting studies to take part in and a straightforward user journey. Your role will be to ensure that the bar for data quality is kept high while enabling a great experience for our top-quality participants. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a leading role in helping us set the standard for online research.
We now have more than 10,000 active researchers and 170,000 active participants using our product, with more than 11 million responses collected during 2020. We recently collaborated with leading academics to produce a research paper which compares our data quality with that of other platforms. You can check it out here.
We care deeply about building an inclusive and diverse team. We offer flexible hours, an open, friendly culture and meaningful share option allocation. Our team is currently fully remote due to the coronavirus pandemic, with plans to provide flexible co-working spaces when possible.
What you'll be doing
- Identify and solve key issues affecting data quality. Working in a continuous discovery/delivery cycle, you'll research problems and and test solutions at a rapid pace.
- Lead a cross-functional Product Team. This includes contributing to the future vision of our platform and full ownership of your team's priorities.
- Be an expert on our users. Regularly speaking and interacting with our passionate users, you'll learn about their needs, pain points and 'aha' moments, ensuring everything we do solves significant user problems.
- Obsess over data and key metrics. Leveraging data to make decisions and to devise, set up and test innovative solutions and evaluate results.
- Collaborate with all areas of our business. You'll work closely with our senior leadership team, designers, developers, data analysts and user researchers, ensuring they are deeply involved throughout the whole process.
You should apply if
- You've led empowered, cross-functional teams as a Product Manager, in fast growing startups or businesses before.
- You have a strong analytical mindset with an obsessive focus on data and using rapid experimentation to achieve business goals and meet user's needs.
- You're adept at taking a highly collaborative approach to working on features owned by other product teams.
- You have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and keep your stakeholders well-informed of updates and priorities.
- You're a creative thinker, able to reverse-engineer complicated problems and reason from first principles.
- You're comfortable coaching a team through a continuous discovery/delivery cycle and are used to iterating and shipping at a rapid pace.
- You possess humility, optimism and a desire to learn and grow fast.
This isn't for you if
- You haven't worked in a product management role to ship a user-facing product or feature before. We know there are many great product managers and product owners working on features for internal stakeholders, but due to the importance of this role we need strong experience working with the uncertainty of product discovery and experimentation.
- You need the structure of established processes. We're growing fast and learning as we go, both from industry experts through our networks, but also through trial and error. As such, it's essential you have a proven track record of working and thriving in uncertain environments.
- You've never worked alongside a Product Designer and experienced the various stages of taking a product or major feature from conception all the way through to delivery.
- You need 5 days a week face-to-face in an office.