Attest are looking for a Platform Engineer to join their team.
Attest is a consumer research platform that provides confidence for every decision, with the right insight, at the right time. We do this by making it simple and fast to access your target customers and uncover opportunity with consumer data, continuously, at global scale. We call it: growth without guesswork.
Through our self-serve platform, you can access audiences of 100 million across 49 countries, get answers at record speed, and extract insight through our intuitive results dashboard, all with the guidance of our in-house experts. By removing the cost, time and complexity, you’re able to de-risk product, brand and campaign work in order to succeed more often. We’re proving that reliable consumer data can be accessible, fast and impactful for all.
The fastest scaling and fastest changing businesses work with us to learn about consumers’ needs, understand live trends, enter new markets, validate decisions, develop new products and services, measure brands, track competition, and ultimately - grow.
Our ever-expanding client roster includes notable brands such as Microsoft, Santander, Gymshark, Walgreens/Boots, Wise, eToro among many others. Attest is backed by investors including NEA, one of Silicon Valley's most prolific venture capital firms with over 225 portfolio company IPOs since 1977.
The mission for the role
Attest’s platform squad exists to empower other engineers to deliver value with high efficiency, security and reliability, by empowering them with platforms, tooling and infrastructure.
We take a two-pronged approach: running, maintaining and supporting platforms and tools that are used on a daily basis by other engineers, whilst simultaneously identifying and implementing improvements to Developer Experience more broadly.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you share responsibility for the stability, scalability, security and efficiency of Attest’s platform infrastructure. You work in collaboration with both platform team members and other people from across the organisation to scope out, prioritise and deliver technical enhancements to the Attest platform, ensuring that the wider Attest engineering team can work efficiently.
Your initial focus will be...
As a platform engineer you will work with engineers to understand what blocks Attest’s engineers from delivering effectively, and you’ll identify the highest impact work that will improve the efficiency of our workflows. You will improve developer tooling and make sure that our engineers can feel confident using the tools at their disposal.
You will deliver day to day tactical improvements, typically including optimising CI/CD pipelines; automating infrastructure with terraform; maintaining and improving our AWS/EKS infrastructure; responding to incidents along with other engineers; maintaining and improving our telemetry and logging infrastructure, and maintaining relevant documentation for all of platform owned services and processes.
Longer-term, your focus will be…
- You will continuously evaluate the effectiveness, suitability, cost effectiveness and commerciality of Attest’s platform and infrastructure, ensuring that as the company grows, the technology we use scales appropriately alongside the platform team itself.
- You will play an important role in making sure that Attest stays up to date with key technological developments in the wider industry.
- You will work with leaders across the business to ensure our platform meets any compliance and regulatory requirements.
- You will support and mentor a strong culture of development, making sure that the skills of the platform team and engineers remain relevant and impactful.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have expertise working with the Linux operating system, cloud computing (preferably AWS) and computer networking (ideally in the context of cloud computing).
- You have experience with Kubernetes clusters and infrastructure tools like Terraform and Docker.
- You have experience building and running continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- You are a confident and thoughtful communicator, both verbally and in writing, able to adapt your style to different audiences and in different contexts.
- You are curious and possess rigour in your way of thinking, using data and your experience to make informed and balanced decisions.
- You ask thoughtful questions, and are naturally able to develop solutions from a position of insight and knowledge.
- You have perseverance and recognise that solutions to large scale problems can take a period of time to validate, and you can work incrementally to build a solution.
- You like to contribute towards a culture of improvement.
It would be useful, but not essential, if
- You are experienced working with at least one programming language, preferably GoLang, Java or Python.
- You have implemented various deployment strategies, like GitOps, blue-green and canary deploys and have designed systems with observability and reliability in mind.
- You have experience with Linkerd and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana.
- You are an evangeliser of DX, SRE and Security best practices and have confidently enabled other team members to do their best work by creating streamlined processes and tooling.
- You have experience with security. You are aware of the most common security vulnerabilities and know of ways to prevent them. You are familiar with running penetration tests with third party providers, and remediating the vulnerabilities discovered by them with the help of other teams.
We care deeply about building a place where engineers love to work. You can read more about our approach in our Engineering Handbook and our R&D blog.
Pay & benefits
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) or 23 days (US) paid holiday per year. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Once you’ve completed your first few months, you have the option to relocate temporarily (up to 6 months) or even permanently up to +/- 4 hours of London or New York using our International Mobility programme
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A generous career growth and development budget of £500 a year to support your learning
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - focusing on your growth, giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed