Attest are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join their team.
Attest is a consumer research platform that provides confidence for every decision, with the right insight, at the right time. We do this by making it simple and fast to access your target customers and uncover opportunity with consumer data, continuously, at global scale. We call it: growth without guesswork.
Through our self-serve platform, you can access audiences of 100 million across 49 countries, get answers at record speed, and extract insight through our intuitive results dashboard, all with the guidance of our in-house experts. By removing the cost, time and complexity, you’re able to de-risk product, brand and campaign work in order to succeed more often. We’re proving that reliable consumer data can be accessible, fast and impactful for all.
The fastest scaling and fastest changing businesses work with us to learn about consumers’ needs, understand live trends, enter new markets, validate decisions, develop new products and services, measure brands, track competition, and ultimately - grow.
Our ever-expanding client roster includes notable brands such as Microsoft, Santander, Gymshark, Walgreens/Boots, Wise, eToro among many others. Attest is backed by investors including NEA, one of Silicon Valley's most prolific venture capital firms with over 225 portfolio company IPOs since 1977.
The mission for this role
Our engineers are embedded in cross-functional product squads, collaborating closely with Product, Design and Data Science to discover, design, and deliver their squad’s quarterly goals. Engineers work to deliver services and features that will have real impact on our OKRs and our business. They care about shipping high quality, readable, code and reliable, scalable, systems. Collaborating with stakeholders across the business, our engineers care about our customers’ experience of our platform, and strive to make sure our product meets their needs.
Our engineers are working on a product vision that will take our business to the next level, including:
- Developing a brand new self serve experience for our customers to enable them to move faster.
- Increasing engagement by allowing our customers to do more with their insights (for example by allowing them to track and compare multiple data sets over time).
- Expanding the range of the audience our customers want to reach and using ML to improve the quality of the answers the audience gives.
On top of squad work, our engineers play an active part in the vibrant frontend chapter, collaborating with other frontend colleagues across the whole of R&D to improve the way we work as a function. Engineers contribute by: maintaining coding standards by pairing with colleagues; reviewing (and contributing towards) proposals for new services; taking part in communal learning sessions eg mob programming or tech talks; mentoring others.
Your focus will be to...
- Build out a range of front end applications that utilise our backend services and APIs.
- Collaborate with the whole team to identify and create best-in-class products.
- Deliver features regularly, be comfortable with ambiguity, and push for code quality always.
- Participate in sprint planning, stand-ups and retrospective meetings.
- Explore innovative ways to solve problems, and become expert in high demand systems.
- Design modular software, following separation of concerns, among other common design principles.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have a thorough understanding of ECMAScript standards.
- You have a strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 web standards.
- You have a strong understanding of accessibility standards and needs.
- You have experience developing web applications with frameworks/libraries such as: Vue.js, React, Angular, Polymer.
- You have experience with CSS preprocessors or postprocessors.
- You have experience with build tools e.g. WebPack, Babel.
- Expert developing, testing (unit, integration, GUI) & debugging.
- You understand the use of source control as standard.
We care deeply about building a place where engineers love to work. You can read more about our approach in our Engineering Handbook and our R&D blog.
Pay & benefits
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) or 23 days (US) paid holiday per year. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Once you’ve completed your first few months, you have the option to relocate temporarily (up to 6 months) or even permanently up to +/- 4 hours of London or New York using our International Mobility programme
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A generous career growth and development budget of £500 a year to support your learning
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - focusing on your growth, giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- Enhanced parental leave and pay, above and beyond the UK statutory minimum
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed