We’re looking for an engaged and highly organised person to join our busy and growing Completions team in Exeter as a Completion Operations Executive
We’re looking for an engaged and highly organised person to join our Completions team. We’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding and as a Completion Operations Executive at Crowdcube, you will be part of a company's funding journey by managing all matters relating to the completion of Crowdcube fundraising rounds and post-funding support. This role is based in our Exeter office.
Crowdcube is a regulated financial services firm and is required to comply with a range of laws and regulations relating to the delivery of its services to customers.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
As Completion Operations Executive, you will have responsibility for management of all matters relating to the completion of Crowdcube fundraising rounds and post-funding support, including but not limited to:
- Management of completion and post-completion process (including SEIS/EIS tax relief applications, Companies House filings)
- Raising invoices
- Preparing and submitting compliance packs
- Updating companies with regards to Anti-Money Laundering checks and payment collection (working closely with the Investor Operations team)
- Assisting with the preparation of legal reviews and ancillary documents
- Assisting with post-funding legal input required for corporate actions
- Assisting Completion Operations team with:
- developing processes (with and without product support) for improving the efficiency of dealing with company completions, in particular documentation, Companies House Filings and tax relief
- working with the Product team to improve the experience for companies completing rounds or corporate events on Crowdcube, including improvements to the portfolio and other new product offerings
- improving company content, FAQs and communications
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience in either administration or legal secretarial work.
- A high attention to detail, be extremely organised with the ability to prioritise your own workload and manage your own time.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven knowledge of MS Office and/or Google Apps for work.
- Prior experience of working in a financial services or regulated environment (highly desirable).
And you will be:
- A motivated and proactive individual with the willingness to collaborate with and support other teams.
- Able to prioritise own workload and multitask.
- A problem solver; you tackle a problem in a logical, informed manner, weighing up all elements before making a call, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Able to work with people of all levels within a business in a professional manner.
- Able to demonstrate that you can get things done, that you are adaptable to change, that you can work in a fast-paced environment, and that you question the status-quo.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.