We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. 11:FS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.
11:FS is on a mission to change the fabric of financial services. Our Consulting & Research practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Pulse team creates a benchmarking tool used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our Foundry team are delivering a Financial Services Operating System to help businesses quickly add financial services to their offering. On top of all of that, we’re a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. ‘Cultural Add’ is as, if not more, important as pure technical fit, and as part of your interview process we’ll deep dive in our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
Purpose of Role: In this role you’ll be working in the heart of the dynamic Fintech market. You’ll play a role in defining, developing and launching services around the world that change the way that finance works. Our ambition is to create new businesses that have the customer at their centre. The research you work on will identify opportunities for us to design and build new financial services that serve currently unmet customer needs. You’ll be working directly alongside designers, developers and product managers to get new products and experiences into the market and into the hands of customers as quickly as possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Draw on the latest thinking and techniques in user centred design and design thinking, using a variety of different research methodologies.
- Apply Jobs to be Done thinking to identify underserved opportunities in the market to create differentiated digitally native propositions.
- Help to design research approaches around 11:FS’s core principles, the context of the client’s business problem and the cultural differences of the market.
- Support end-to-end qualitative research including: recruiting interviewees, writing discussion guides, conducting interviews, taking notes, summarising findings and developing analysis. This could include a range of techniques such as ethnographic research, in-depth interviews and co-creation through early adopter community building.
- Support end-to-end quantitative research to validate the qualitative insights and segment the market including: writing questionnaires, creating sample plans, analysing data and developing analysis.
- Create inspiring ways to tell real human stories from the research.
- Work closely with a Customer Strategy Lead or Director to conduct interviews, gather insights, analyse data and articulate findings in order to deliver client project outcomes to a high level of quality and on time.
- Work with designers and product managers to support and run design sprints based on all the discovery work around the customer, the market and competitors.
Typical background and experience:
- Typically a social sciences or humanities educational background e.g. Anthropology, Sociology, History, Geography, English Literature, Design/Creative Arts.
- Ideally, at least some experience in a quantitative or qualitative research role.
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience with human-computer interaction, ethnography, cultural studies and/or fintech.
- Experience working with senior researchers/strategists analysing data and creating actionable and story-driven reports for clients.
- Eager to gain more exposure working directly with clients.
- Fluency in one or more other major languages would be an advantage.
Mindest and skills:
- Curious - obsessed with questions: generating questions, refining questions, answering questions, asking questions about the answers to questions.
- You are a self starter and have an explorative mindset, creating new perspectives and identifying where you can make a difference for our clients, your team mates, and our business.
- You understand how to apply basic techniques for the analysis of research data and synthesis of findings. You know how to involve your team in analysis and synthesis. You can present clear findings that colleagues can understand and use
- You understand and have experience of basic user research methods. You know when to use those methods and how to apply them correctly. You know how to involve your team in research activities.
- Technical understanding. You have some knowledge of the technologies and roles within a digital team.
- Awareness and understanding of human-centred and agile practices. You have some understanding of human-centred service design and delivery practices.
- You are comfortable navigating complexity. People, organisations, technology, policies, regulations. Designing services puts you at the centre of complexity. We need to make sense of it all quickly, and flex and adapt to move through it effectively
- Discretionary bonus
- Flexible working
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)