This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic and motivated Commercial Finance Manager, reporting to the Senior Commercial Finance Manager – Emerging Business Units.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic and motivated Commercial Finance Manager, reporting to the Senior Commercial Finance Manager – Emerging Business Units. You will support our continued evolution of planning and analysis to aid decision-making within our Farfetch Platform Solutions (FPS), Future Retail, Media Solutions & Curiosity Business Units. You will focus on supporting our emerging business units with trade, month end analysis, budget and reforecast preparation, and ad hoc commercial analysis. Providing insightful reporting and analysis to aid in decision-making and strategy execution both in the short and long term.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the monthly reporting and commercial review meetings for each BU P&L, working closely with the accounting team during month end. Producing variance analysis to provide insights to key stakeholders. Identifying and communicating risks and opportunities against budget and latest view and making strategic recommendations to increase profitability.
- Lead quarterly reporting for the CFO binder, P&L Fluxes and Board Packs.
- Ensure internal controls relating to each BU are SOX compliant
- Partner with the business to complete the weekly 'latest view' forecast, quarterly reforecast, annual budget, and 3 year plan for all 4 Business Units, from topline GTV down to EBITDA.
- Responsible for the FPS weekly trade reporting, highlighting key weekly performance results and leading key discussions on any actions needed.
- Grow profitability projects such as the FPS Client P&Ls, to enhance our level of clarity behind the drivers of profitability to provide insights to key stakeholders.
- Support the FPS commercial team with analysis on client commission negotiations, new business strategies & any M&A activity
- Work with the 1P business units to ensure alignment on trade, month end & budgeting
- Challenge Return on investment and work with the team to find optimum levels for efficient use of resources
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- An expert in Excel with experience of AX, SAP & Looker advantageous
- Experience in retail, technology and e-commerce is advantageous
- You have commercial awareness and can operate in ambiguous and changing situations
- You are a team player with the ability to interact with those outside of the Finance teams to deliver preferred outcomes
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.