We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role…
We are looking for an Agile Delivery Manager to join our Developer Platform tribe. Your mission is to make Currencycloud’s Developer Platform and Developer Experience the best in Fintech.
Your work will be framed by three questions:
1. Technical discovery: Do the Developer Platform engineers and stakeholders have all the documentation and knowledge needed to deliver value for our customers (in this instance, Currenycloud’s engineering community)?
2. Delivery: What can be done to identify and remove all impediments faced by the Developer Platform Tribe in delivering value for our customers?
3. Agile & lean practices: How can we ensure a culture of continuous learning when it comes to agile and lean practices, so the team becomes more engaged, more effective and more efficient
What you'll get to do?
- Technical discovery:
- Delivery, work closely with the Engineering Manager & Product Manager on the following:
- Agile & lean practices:
- Value stream mapping to understand what’s impeding the ability of our engineers to quickly & sustainably deliver value for our customers
- Detailed discovery on things like developer workflows & tooling
- Working with internal & external teams to develop and maintain technical documentation
- Ensuring requirements are detailed enough to take in to sprint, including functional & non-functional requirements
- Being clear about the definition of ready and the definition of done
- Gather detailed requirements relating to new features & products to be delivered by the Developer Platform Tribe
- Turn detailed requirements (epics) into user stories and tasks with clear acceptance criteria for the Developer Platform engineers
- Board ownership: i.e. managing the flow of work
- Doing what is needed to unblock the scrum team during the sprint
- Stakeholder management
- Reporting and managing operational delivery metrics
- Leading/coordinating standard agile ceremonies
- Suggesting improvements to agile ways of working to increase productivity & employee engagement
- Background in computer science, Software Engineering, DevOps Engineering or QA Engineering is a must
- 1 year + proven experience in an Agile Delivery Manager, Scrum Master or Business Analyst role, preferably in a software-first Fintech or start-up, or you’re a software engineer looking to move into Delivery Management
- Comfort working with agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles, with real experience in creating working environments that adhere to them
- Proven track record of chasing down impediments to deliver value for customers and business
- Ability to define a product backlog using standard categories like epics & user stories
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the following: AWS tools and technologies, Kubernetes, CI / CD tools and techniques, Infrastructure as code using e.g. Terraform or CloudFormation or Cloud Native practices
- Experience working in a technical delivery role such as Software Engineer or QA engineer will be an advantage
- You take accountability for getting things done
- You’re naturally collaborative, with an ability to influence colleagues in small, cross-functional scrum teams
- You understand the right level of abstraction and the right level of technical detail to use in a conversation based on your audience