Paddle are looking for a BDR Manager to join their team.
What we do
As the SaaS industry continues to grow, software companies can’t rely on a great product alone to succeed. They face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain and enables software companies to respond faster and more precisely to growth opportunities with its Revenue Delivery Platform. Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Paddle integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for our customers to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions anywhere in the world, compliantly.
Paddle has grown over 100% annually from our headquarters in London, with customers all around the world. After raising our Series C, we are building our first commercial team to grow rapidly in the United States (where over half our addressable market resides). This is where you come in!
We’re looking to hire a Business Development Representative Manager, to launch, hire and manage our US-based team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs). This team will translate inbound interest into qualified opportunities and conduct outbound outreach to key target accounts. Reporting to the RVP of Americas, you’ll play a key leadership role within our new US commercial team.
Your role is essential in helping us set, drive, and execute on our revenue goals and ultimately bring us closer to our vision of making Paddle the default solution for SaaS businesses.
What you’ll do
Our success as a business is founded on the strength of our teams. As a Business Development Representative Manager, you will set the tone for your team and foster a culture of strong achievement, inclusiveness, collaboration, creativity, and accountability.
- You will identify and attract top talent to grow our New York City based team.
- You will set the direction and empower the success of your team by training them to be more effective at engaging with prospective customers who will gain value from Paddle’s solutions.
- You will own the pipeline generation target for North America.
- You will nurture and coach the team to employ the right sales methodologies, instilling the value-sell skill set and developing their business acumen.
- You will measure individual performance against target, conduct weekly one on ones, improve their skills in their current role and ensure each individual in your team has a career progression plan.
- You will help develop sales playbooks that clearly articulate best practices for building a world class demand generation engine.
- You will work alongside other sales leaders to design & implement strategies and optimize communications and approach
- You will build and maintain effective relationships across the sales, marketing and product departments to accelerate company growth.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have a sales background with proven experience managing and coaching consultative BDR teams.
- You have experience in the Payments or B2B SaaS industry.
- You have past experience in closing deals, prospecting, cold outreach and lead generation.
- You are a great motivator and have a passion for developing others through their career progression.
- You are resilient, optimistic, and passionate about technology and complex platforms.
- You know how to build and nurture technical sales pipelines.
- You will have strong commercial acumen, with the ability to spot potential leads and revenue opportunities, and proven track record of successfully building outbound sales processes.
- You are a strong team player and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 160 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, 401k plans, health insurance, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.