Comma are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer (Permanent) to join their team.
Our mission is to remove the pain from payments. Our vision is to create a step change in how payments are made by small business - to make money move faster through the whole supply chain.
Comma is an open banking bulk payment system. It handles the boring but important stuff - bills, salaries, and taxes. We get to market through bookkeepers and accountants by enabling payment services. This helps small and micro businesses who don't have access to corporate banking.
We've just raised a high profile seed round and we are experiencing the challenges and excitement of a growing team. We have a lot of demand for what we are providing and are inundated with product requirements and feedback from our engaging customer base. The first version of our product written in React / Typescript / Node, hosted on AWS Lambda.
What will you do?
You will have ownership and influence over the technology of our business and drive the vision to market. Having raised funds from prominent Silicon Valley investors we have the runway to execute the vision and we need people with a voice; driven to develop the way we work, as well as the software we write.
Equipped with a modern tech stack and the freedom to use the right technologies for the job, operating within a spiritually Agile environment, combined with a product driven mindset you will tackle real challenges as we scale the product.
Having active involvement in the design, development of the applications, utilising Codat for syncing account software, Yapily to funnel payments to supported banks, managing open banking integrations and API’s, building out end points to return data correctly.
What will you receive?
We know the working environment is a critical part of anyone's decision to join a new company, which is why we've put a lot of emphasis on creating a culture that cares about our customers, each other and the mission. We offer complete remote working and flexible hours; we don’t need to see people every day to know they’re doing a great job.
People don't work for Comma; people are a part of Comma. This is why everyone has share options in the business. Our success comes from your hard work and dedication. We want to build a talented team that will remain nimble. A place everybody can grow and shape. Your development matters to us and we will facilitate you to ensure your time at Comma propels you to where you want to be in your career.
Knowledge sharing is paramount to success and so we have a group of talented advisors from companies like Amazon, Improbable, Revolut, WageStream and fast growing startups to help advise should you need it.
Who are you?
- At Comma we want to hire people with the experience necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things, adaptive to a changing environment.
- Strong competencies with Node.
- Experience with a NoSQL database (ideally MongoDB)
- Competent with serverless Architecture (AWS preferred)
- Websockets and API gateway (Nice to have)
- Experience with TypeScript (Highly desirable)
- B2B or D2C SaaS business experience.
- Understand the design patterns used in the React framework - most importantly you're not tied to any one solution or technology.
- Experience of CI/CD tooling
- You have a product-driven mindset - you understand that a perfect solution nobody wants to use is worse than an average solution that everybody loves using.
- Are highly motivated and can work autonomously without losing momentum.
We’re building a company for smart people to grow, and make things they’re proud of. If you want to be part of that, get in touch.
Comma is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We believe that diversity makes us a stronger team so seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways to our organisation’s growth and success.