Unmind are looking for a Commercial Operations Executive to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Commercial Operations Executive.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Commercial Operations Executive
The Commercial Operations Executive will work across the Marketing, Sales and Client Success teams to ensure excellence and efficiency in all of our internal commercial operations, enabling us to make data-informed decisions that will ultimately support our growth. The scope of this role includes; B2B Commercial processes, business insights, and managing the existing technology infrastructure & tools, as well as identifying and onboarding appropriate new technology platforms. This is the first hire in this role and we’re looking for an individual to support the next phase of our growth whilst ensuring we make data-informed decisions about our strategy! They will be joining the commercial Operations Lead.
At Unmind, we are very much seen as one team and we’d be looking for this role to focus heavily on supporting the growth of our Demand Generation activities, ensuring that we optimise the management of leads, nurture prospects effectively, and can make data-informed decisions about the most effective campaigns and channels to engage with our audience. This role will also focus on Sales and Client Success activities including management of the pipeline and assisting with forecasting, reporting and CRM maintenance.
In this role, you’ll get to:
This role requires exceptional analytical, project management, and leadership skills, with the ability to focus and prioritise the most critical tasks to drive the business forward. The Unmind team is scaling, which means that sometimes our roles can be incredibly varied. However, some of the core parts of the Commercial Operations role will be to:
- Customer: Assist the commercial team to understand the full customer lifecycle from content/lead generation to sales pipeline to retention in a data-informed way.
- Tech: Manage the MarTech stack and all technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM, lead scoring, web analytics, performance tracking, etc) used to execute and report on marketing programs
- Measurement: Responsible for collating reports and dashboards to review campaign and channel performance, opportunity generation. and operational efficiencies. Use learnings to support ROI analysis, budget planning, forecasting and hiring plans.
- Data: Own our data management process and CRM maintenance - to maintain the accuracy and integrity of all commercial data and ensure confidence in our decisions.
- Process: Identify opportunities to streamline full-funnel processes inc. lead generation, nurturing, sales pipeline, and retention.
- Collaboration: Build methodologies aligning how the commercial team collaborate.
- People: Advise on the team structure and enable those team members by identifying skills gaps, documentation and training.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who have:
- Prior experience in commercial operations, with direct knowledge in the B2B software industry
- A track record of successfully configuring and managing CRM systems - extensive knowledge of Hubspot Marketing Suite & Salesforce and how it can be optimised
- An understanding and appreciation of how marketing, sales & success integrate with each other and the wider business
- Articulate and direct communicator, both verbal and written– with the confidence to challenge the status quo.
- You love the data and will leave no stone unturned to tell a true story
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace