Partnerships and Integrations Manager (£50,000 - £60,000)
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers.
Location: Central London
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: £50,000 - £60,000
Why join us?
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers. Through our smart digital products, we’re powering the digital transformation of your favourite pubs, bars and restaurants. And we want a world where everyone gets the meal they’re hoping for. Each and every time.
Our Vita Mojo DNA
We’re proud to have built an award-winning digital platform. Vita Mojo is a positive, energetic and forward-thinking place to work, and when you become a Moji, you’ll be joining a supportive team who’ve always got your back. Our passion for technology and food is matched only by our support for our people.
About the role
This is a new and vital role at Vita Mojo, as our partners are a key element of our growth flywheel. Fostering the right relationships at the right time, managing integrations and leveraging these relationships for growth opportunities will significantly help Vita Mojo hit our growth targets.
Your mission as a Vita Mojo Partnerships & Integrations Manager is to:
- Build and manage relationships with our hospitality technology partners
- Oversee 3rd party integrations, both internally and externally
- Maintain the VM Business Planning Value Analysis RICE (reach, impact, confidence and effort) for strategic partnerships roadmap
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships within the wider hospitality sector and technology ecosystem
- Nurture internal cross-functional relationships, aligning on strategic direction and partnership requirements across the business
- Maintain the RICE model and communicate ongoing and upcoming integration work
- Grow strong relationships with partners who align with our business priorities by actively looking out for opportunities and potential partners with product synergies
- Work with potential and current partners to understand product synergies, demo VMOS, and negotiate and agree partnership terms
- Coordinate any technical work required, both internal and external project management
- Proactively manage relationships: launch and ongoing joint marketing & PR, identify prospects to target, up-sell partner platforms to current clients where applicable
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of Vita Mojo products and integrations - so that you can communicate their value confidently with partners and prospective partners
- Take a lead on calls with prospective partners focusing on technical details relating to integrations, in order to secure new partnerships and revenue
- Provide feedback and requirements for integrations and product updates required to support new strategic partnerships
- Provide first line support to partners with integration queries - liaising with our own technical teams to provide answers and looping in specialists where required
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis. The list will be periodically reviewed in line with the changing needs of the company and ad-hoc projects will be assigned.
- Tech understanding: you are well versed in channel partner management and have demonstrable results in creating sustainable growth
- Analytical: you have a keen eye for identifying value and a passion for fostering true partnership opportunities
- Curious and active listener: you are able to absorb and distill a large amount of information about the market, our product, our client and prospects, and tech startups, and have firsthand knowledge of the wider hospitality tech ecosystem
- Technically proficient: you are able to act as an intermediary between our Product, PMM and Engineering teams and partners. You are confident dealing with questions and requirements around our API based integrations and are comfortable conversing with technically-minded partner counterparts.
- Outstanding communicator: you are able to communicate with clarity, understand how and when to update stakeholders, and can influence and align internal and external stakeholders
- Astute project management skills: you can juggle multiple projects and relationships simultaneously, and can thrive in a high-paced agile environment
- Problem solver: you are skilled at prioritisation, managing integration requests, and can effectively manage workloads and client pressure
- Confident: you thrive on building networks and meeting people for the first time with the aim of building relationships, identifying new opportunities and and negotiate when required
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar partnership role.
- You can work hard and have fun, while dreaming big. You are a confident, self-aware team player who is open to receiving and providing feedback, and relishes the opportunity to establish positive and productive working relationships built on a foundation of trust.
Work perks and benefits
Since mid-March 2020 our UK-based team has largely been working from home. We have a small, COVID-secure office in the City of London which has limited capacity for hot desking on an as-needed basis when working from home is not possible. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as mental health, poor connectivity or an insufficient work environment. While we don’t have a full return to office date, we are monitoring the situation closely and hope to be able to return to the office more fully at some point during 2021.
- Your hours. Where possible, we let you set your own hours to get the work done and in line with your team and company needs. If you’re an early riser, come in as early as you like or if you need to do the morning school run, come in a bit later. At the end of the day, the work needs to be done but we also need you to balance that with life. We hope we can enable you to do both.
- Your budget. We have recently introduced a flexible benefits system with access to a monthly or annual budget in the following areas: £600 annual learning and development budget; £50 monthly wellbeing allowance; and £30 lifestyle allowance. These are accessed through your own personal wallet and can be spent on services and products of your choosing, within a set of guidelines.
- Food and drink. We stock all the coffee and tea you can drink when in the office.
- Work from home kit. When you join we will work with you to understand your work from home needs, and get you set up to be your most productive while working from home.
- Your tech kit - As a tech company, we want to supply you with the best hardware to get the job done. We will set you up with your basic kit when you start and anything else you need once you have some time to get your feet on the ground.
- Your development - We take personal and professional growth seriously and believe in pushing ourselves to take on new challenges. We encourage everyone to organically share with each other. With quarterly company off sites (virtual for now), a company library, in-house workshops, and simply by working in an always changing, challenging environment, learning is essential to our mission.
- Your mental health. Through our partnership with the app Spill, you have access to therapist advice, one-off therapy sessions, and a series of therapy if needed. We also offer Mental Health Days to be used in moments when you need to take a day for some additional space to focus on you and refocus your energies.
- Your health. We offer 10 days of full pay sick leave.
- Your birthday. We love celebrating birthdays, whether through baked goods or gifts, and you also get the day off on (or around) your birthday every year.
- Your work environment - Our bright and spacious offices offer lots of natural light, a jungle of plants, and different spaces to relax and focus on what you need to do.
- Your social spirit - While in person socials are on hold due to COVID, we are still keeping that social spirit alive by hosting virtual social events, holiday parties and a variety of activities throughout the year. When in the office, we typically host office parties and socials, including weekly drinks on Fridays and enjoy spending time with each other.
- Your holidays. We believe in finding your work life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays. Your holiday allowance increases after each complete calendar year of service, up to 28 days.
- Dog friendly. We welcome our furry friends to the office and have a rotating roster of office dogs who come around and say hello.