Alex Chesterman, founder of Zoopla, Cazoo and early investor in Thirdfort, was asked by The Times to nominate the best start-up in 2019. He nominated Thirdfort because we're "solving a real problem."
Thirdfort is on a mission to remove risks so more people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to dramatically reduce risk for lawyers during client interactions. In doing so, we make life easier for clients going through life’s big moments.
In time, we’ll become a trusted platform across numerous industries and geographies.
Since launching in 2018, we have grown to a team of over 70 people across three offices in London, Manchester and Sri Lanka. We're looking for talented individuals to join our ambitious and expanding team and embrace our values, so we can claim the legal market and beyond.
We're looking for someone to join our operations team to support our billing function and enable us to bill our clients accurately, quickly and efficiently.
Our current billing run involves a combination of manual and automated processes. We need someone who can own the whole billing process end-to-end and evolve and improve it as we grow.
In the near future we are going to look to fully automate the process, either by building something internally or using an external tool, so this role will be heavily involved in the transition and eventually the management of the new billing process.
- Ensure the smooth running of the monthly billing cycle so that all of our clients and partners are billed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Analyse all billing procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Work with our accountants to ensure that bills are paid on time and follow up with any overdue bills
- Work closely with the customer success and support teams to ensure that our CRM has all of the correct information for billing and to make any internal adjustments to invoices ahead of final billing
- Support our clients and partners by answering their questions and dealing with any billing related issues they have
- Manage promotions that we occasionally run to ensure that our clients receive the correct discounts
What we're looking for
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a billing related role. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds but experience in startups would be beneficial. We are looking for a mindset rather than specific ability; we want someone who can grow as we grow.
- Experience with all areas of billing: bill production, payments, discounting, crediting, overpayments and collections
- Numerate: Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
- Data handling skills: We regularly rely on tools such as excel to run the process so good data handling skills are essential
- Eye for detail: We need to make sure that our clients are billed correctly. It is important to ensure any issues are addressed before they become severe
- Comfortable working across different teams: You will be constantly working with different colleagues and stakeholders from all aspects of the business, we need you to be comfortable working with a range of people and managing these relationships at all times
- The chance to join a high-growth business that's creating the new standard in legal security. As an early team member, you'll play a crucial role in helping us to achieve this
- Flexible working / working from home - we're working remotely as a team due to COVID-19, but prior to this we've always offered very flexible working opportunities and will continue to do so
- Unlimited holidays - we want you to take the right amount of time off so you're refreshed and able to do your best work
- Open and flat culture where everyone has a voice in the culture we're building. Taking ownership, challenging how things are done, and being a team player are all core values for us.
- Competitive salary and options in the company
- Free drinks and coffee (when in the office); snacks and goodies whilst remote!
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner, as well as bi-weekly yoga classes
- Monthly companywide socials; these are currently virtual but recently we've had a magic show, cocktails, and bingo
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development. We're also keen to support you with time off and generous budgets for any external training you'd like to take on