Alex Chesterman, founder of Zoopla, Cazoo and early investor in Thirdfort, was asked by The Times to nominate the best start-up in 2019. He nominated Thirdfort because we're "solving a real problem."
Thirdfort is on a mission to remove risk so more people can move fearlessly.
We use tech, design and data to dramatically reduce risk for lawyers and property professionals during client interactions. In doing so, we make life easier for clients going through life’s big moments.
Since launching in 2018, we have grown to a team of over 60 people across three offices in London, Manchester and Sri Lanka. We're looking for talented individuals to join and progress in our ambitious and expanding team and embrace our values.
Thirdfort's sales team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to own a pipeline of new business opportunities.
The role will see you focused on the legal and property sectors in the UK (law firms, estate agents, mortgage brokers, property developers etc) and owning a pipeline of qualified opportunities. Our BDRs and marketing team are responsible for generating leads on your behalf so you can focus your time and effort where it matters most.
We’re a growing team and genuine career progression is on offer.
Your core Responsibilities
- Manage and close a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities, with a focus on legal and property businesses in the UK, to drive increased revenue
- Effectively educate prospects on the problems Thirdfort alleviates, demonstrate the Thirdfort product and manage key stakeholders
- Become an expert on all things anti-money laundering, risk and compliance in the legal and property space in the UK
- Provide accurate reporting and forecasting on a weekly basis, focusing on a monthly closing cadence
- Collaborate closely across the broader sales, marketing and customer success teams
- Collect valuable customer feedback and clearly communicate to Thirdfort's product team
- Attend virtual and in-person industry events from time to time
- You are driven, a natural communicator and a relationship builder
- You thrive in a fast and dynamic environment that prioritises collaboration, openness and continuous learning
- You are excited about rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in because you recognise the huge opportunity in front of you
- You have 2+ years of previous sales experience in a closing role, preferably in SAAS or the legal or property industries
- The chance to join a high-growth business that's creating the new standard in legal security. As an early team member, you'll play a crucial role in helping us to achieve this
- Flexible working / working from home - we're working remotely as a team due to COVID-19, but prior to this we've always offered very flexible working opportunities and will continue to do so
- Unlimited holidays - we want you to take the right amount of time off so you're refreshed and able to do your best work
- Open and flat culture where everyone has a voice in the culture we're building. Taking ownership, challenging how things are done, and being a team player are all core values for us.
- Competitive salary and options in the company
- Free drinks and coffee (when in the office); snacks and goodies whilst remote!
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner, as well as bi-weekly yoga classes
- Monthly companywide socials; these are currently virtual but recently we've had a magic show, cocktails, and bingo
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development. We're also keen to support you with time off and generous budgets for any external training you'd like to take on