Alex Chesterman, founder of Zoopla, Cazoo and early investor in Thirdfort, was asked by The Times to nominate the best start-up in 2019. He nominated Thirdfort because we're "solving a real problem."
Thirdfort is on a mission to become the new standard in legal security. We use tech, design and data to dramatically reduce risk for lawyers during client interactions. In doing so, we make life easier for clients going through life’s big moments.
In time, we’ll become a trusted platform across numerous industries and geographies.
Since launching in 2018, we have grown to a team of over 70 people across three offices in London, Manchester and Sri Lanka. We're looking for talented individuals to join our ambitious and expanding team and embrace our values, so we can claim the legal market and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our engineering team and contribute across all areas of our stack. You will be helping build out our back end working with APIs and advanced data structures, and contributing towards developing our beautiful front end web portal.
The role will be mainly office based (when the Covid situation improves), as we want you to be part of all the conversations within the team, but we offer very flexible hours and the possibility to work from home sometimes.
Help us fundamentally change the existing property buying and selling experience which is needlessly stressful, risky and inefficient. This isn’t just consumer pain; property lawyers, estate agents and mortgage brokers manually input data many times over and have very little visibility over what’s going on.
We address these challenges with a consumer facing App and professional facing web portal. We leverage Open Banking, electronic ID checking, data analytics and AI to streamline much of the front-end transaction admin and radically improve the lawyer and client experience. Long term we'll become the trusted transaction platform for the sector.
Our first version of the platform is focused on property lawyers and has reduced the time it takes for them to onboard new clients from 20 days to 5. We are a small but rapidly growing team that is backed by some of the industry’s best, including the founder of Zoopla (leading UK property portal), the UK Government's Land Registry and large UK law firm Mishcon de Reya.
We have native IOS & Android mobile apps which are the key consumer facing interface. We also have a detailed web portal that is used by the lawyers and estate agents in the UK (built in React). We are cloud hosted and have a JSON REST API backend (primarily Node.js and GO), microservices architecture and cryptographically secure sensitive data storage.
What we're looking for:
- Be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for coding
- Good understanding of software engineering principles (data structures, searching and sorting algorithms, etc)
- You have relevant work experience, not necessarily with the same tech stack.
- Flexible, lean and nimble approach to building software
- Customer centric and work well with product owners
- Can work with or can quickly get comfortable with: React, Go, Node.js, Kubernetes, Git.
- Great communicator and decision maker that understands the commercial impact of technical and design decisions.
- Humble worker, strong team player and knows how to get the best out of others
- Wisdom - Strong opinions weakly held. The ability to argue your corner but give it up easily when consensus is against you even if you're right
- The chance to join a high-growth business that's creating the new standard in legal security. As an early team member, you'll play a crucial role in helping us to achieve this
- Flexible working - we're working remotely as a team due to COVID-19, but prior to this we've always offered flexible working opportunities and will continue to do so
- Unlimited holidays - we want you to take the right amount of time off so you're refreshed and able to do your best work
- Open and flat culture where everyone has a voice in the culture we're building. Taking ownership, challenging how things are done, and being a team player are all core values for us.
- Competitive salary and options in the company
- Free drinks and coffee (when in the office); snacks and goodies whilst remote!
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner, as well as bi-weekly yoga classes
- Monthly companywide socials; these are currently virtual but recently we've had a magic show, cocktails, and bingo
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development. We're also keen to support you with time off and generous budgets for any external training you'd like to take on