Alex Chesterman, founder of Zoopla, Cazoo and early investor in Thirdfort, was asked by The Times to nominate the best start-up in 2019. He nominated Thirdfort because we're "solving a real problem."
Thirdfort is on a mission to remove risks so more people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to dramatically reduce risk for lawyers during client interactions. In doing so, we make life easier for clients going through life’s big moments.
In time, we’ll become a trusted platform across numerous industries and geographies.
Since launching in 2018, we have grown to a team of over 70 people across three offices in London, Manchester and Sri Lanka. We're looking for talented individuals to join our ambitious and expanding team and embrace our values, so we can claim the legal market and beyond.
We're looking for someone to join our operations team and support across all aspects of the business, providing you with great insight into all aspects of a fast growing start up.
Operations at Thirdfort pride ourselves on being a tight-knit and collaborative team, we support each other on a wider variety of projects and are looking for individuals who are excited to get stuck in. In your role you will get significant exposure to all commercial and technical aspects of our work. You will also be working directly with one of the co-founders throughout your time here.
The essential function of this role is that we need people who, as we continue to grow, can help us with the new challenges that come with this. Working in Operations at Thirdfort means working on multiple projects simultaneously with various degrees of urgency and complexity. We are looking for people from a range of backgrounds and with diverse skill sets in order to cover all aspects of the work our team supports.
- We are looking for people who can come in and take the lead on a wide variety of work. We want to help you find projects you are passionate about and this is fundamental to the way the Operations team and Thirdfort as a company functions
- You will get involved in a wide variety of projects, such as optimising the way we run our billing practices, this could involve using programs such as Excel to help us generate our monthly invoices and ensuring clients are provided with an accurate view of their use of our platform
- You would be responsible for enabling our wider business functions in undertaking their day to day roles. There will be a key focus on potential optimisations and you will always be supported in trying out new ideas or looking for new ways to boost our processes as we continue to scale at pace
- As an organisation we have a really varied range of demands and needs. While a large part of your role will be supporting on current projects, another key aspect will be finding new opportunities and projects and driving these forward. We believe that you will know best what you can do for us and we want to support that wherever possible!
- You’ll develop and maintain our operational processes, as well as creating new ones and help us with tool ideas that will enable you to achieve an awesome operational environment
What we're looking for
- 0 - 2 years experience in operational roles. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds but experience in startups would be beneficial. We are looking for a mindset rather than specific ability; we want someone who can grow as we grow. We would also welcome graduates.
- Self-starter: A lot of the projects you work on will be independent, we need someone who feels comfortable taking the lead and managing their own projects and time
- Creative: We come up against a lot of novel problems that need novel solutions. If you are the kind of person who enjoys thinking on your feet then we want to hear from you
- Data handling skills: We regularly rely on tools such as excel to give us an insight into our clients and product, we would love for you to have an interest in these tools and at least a willingness to learn if not some familiarity with data handling
- Eye for detail: Ops at Thirdfort is critical to a variety of business functions, we need you to be able to support these functions in the best way possible and ensure any issues are addressed before they become severe
- Comfortable working across different teams: You will be constantly working with different colleagues and stakeholders from all aspects of the business, we need you to be comfortable working with a range of people and managing these relationships at all times
- The chance to join a high-growth business that's creating the new standard in legal security. As an early team member, you'll play a crucial role in helping us to achieve this
- Flexible working / working from home - we're working remotely as a team due to COVID-19, but prior to this we've always offered very flexible working opportunities and will continue to do so
- Unlimited holidays - we want you to take the right amount of time off so you're refreshed and able to do your best work
- Open and flat culture where everyone has a voice in the culture we're building. Taking ownership, challenging how things are done, and being a team player are all core values for us.
- Competitive salary and options in the company
- Free drinks and coffee (when in the office); snacks and goodies whilst remote!
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner, as well as bi-weekly yoga classes
- Monthly companywide socials; these are currently virtual but recently we've had a magic show, cocktails, and bingo
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development. We're also keen to support you with time off and generous budgets for any external training you'd like to take on