1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Become a specialist in Google Cloud Data Services!
Are you passionate about data? Would you be excited about building cloud first data platforms, potentially processing and storing terabytes of data, enabling businesses to make better decisions? Are you a quick learner and into working with cutting-edge technologies? If so, let’s talk!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to design, implement and maintain modern cloud data platforms at scale utilising both Google Cloud Platform and open source services. This is an opportunity to work with a world leader in data and machine learning technologies.
You’ll work alongside great GCP Engineering teams (Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Platform Engineers, Cloud Architects, Software Engineers), taking full ownership of your tasks and responsibilities, with opportunities to do back-end, front-end and infrastructure development.
If you have an interest in working on innovative projects with cutting edge technology using Google Cloud Platform, this job could be a great opportunity for you.
*Please Note: Previous experience with GCP is not a prerequisite; experience of other public cloud providers (AWS or Azure) would be sufficient.
What you’ll do:
- Work with your fellow Data Engineers to translate customer requirements into technical designs, and follow this through to delivery of the solution. You will be able to design highly available, complex data platforms.
- Understand customer data structures and transformation requirements to build suitable solutions on Google Cloud Platform
- Contribute to the design, plan and build of highly available, global and cloud native data platforms
- Assist customers in understanding how cloud technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers
- Commercial experience in the area of data engineering or machine learning
- Confident communicator both written and verbally
- Hands-on experience with at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure), including the use of their data related components to build solutions.
- Experience building large data architectures
- Experience building ETL / ELT pipelines, Data Lakes and Data Warehouses
- Experience in using languages like Python, R and SQL as well as Google database services like Firestore, Cloud SQL, Big Query and/or their equivalents from other Cloud providers
- Experienced in using unit testing and CI / CD
- A solid grounding working with common data modelling techniques and SQL (e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Working knowledge of data governance principles (e.g. data profiling, data cataloguing, managing access controls, etc.)
- Experience using Git and related tooling
- A good understanding of some of the following:
Hadoop / Spark | Apache Airflow | Apache Beam | Relational database technologies (Microsoft SQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL) | Teradata | Tensorflow | Analytical tools (Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Data Studio)
- Experience with or knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (e.g. Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigQuery, Firestore, etc.)
- Exposure to real time data ingestion / streaming data sources
- Experience in or knowledge of working in an agile project based environment
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent experience
This role could also be remote based in the UK or Netherlands, with occasional travel to CTS offices and customer sites (post-Covid). We have offices in Central Manchester and Utrecht, and shared office spaces in Central London.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.