CTS & CloudM are looking for an Application Developer to join their team.
We are looking for an Application Developer to join our growing App Development team. As an Application Developer you will be at the forefront of cloud technology. Bringing experience across the full-stack from building backend services to implementing front-end interfaces for our customers. You will be supported by a skilled Software Development and Platform Engineering team to implement systems using industry-leading cloud services and DevOps tooling.
You will work with customers, potentially at the early sales stage, assessing and understanding their technical requirements. You will be able to contribute to a project from the information and discovery stages through initial concept and design to implementation, build and support. You will have exposure to a wide variety of technologies and software and you will be expected to investigate the use of new technologies as they become available.
If you are interested in working at the forefront of cloud technology, have a solid development background and great communication skills and are passionate about providing a great service for customers, this job would be a great opportunity for you.
What you’ll do:
- Work with your team to translate requirements into technical designs and technical tasks
- Understand existing customer systems and re-architect them on GCP as part of a wider project team
- Contribute to the design and build of highly available, global and cloud native platforms
- Build software based on modern architecture techniques such as microservices
- Apply modern software methodologies to your code; for example Twelve-Factor
- Mentoring junior members of the team and helping to drive their development
- Contribute to internal tooling that the wider GCP team builds and maintains
- Experience delivering responsive web front ends with HTML5 / CSS3
- An understanding of modern software patterns and methodologies such as Twelve-Factor, Progressive Apps, Single Page Apps etc.
- Experience developing against a common framework, such as Django, Spring, Angular, Vue, React, etc. (Angular Preferred)
- Happy writing queries against common Databases be it MySQL, PostgreSQL or something else
- Exposure to Developing against common Public Cloud Providers (GCP, AWS, Azure, IBM) and tools such as Cloud Functions / Lambda
- Comfortable developing with Docker.
- Experience writing tests in frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Jasmine etc
- Understanding of the use of modern transport protocols such as GRPC and HTTP2
- Experience with Google Firebase
- Use of NoSQL technologies in a commercial environment
- Google Certified Professional Developer
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Time spent in a professional services or consultancy role
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.