Join a robust commercial leadership team with backgrounds from the likes of Google, Onfido, Pleo, Depop & Triptease. You will work directly with them, our COO & our CEO to reach our commercial goals.
At Capdesk, we’re about to rewrite the history books on how companies use equity to empower their people. By unlocking the power of equity, we can change finance for good.
With equity made more accessible, businesses can unite employees, owners and investors through shared success. It might sound revolutionary, but it shouldn’t. It’s about time.
In the last few years, we’ve quietly become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for private companies to digitise their equity information and manage and issue employee equity schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
We recently launched a first-of-its-kind secondaries market to take our mission even further. Now, employees can turn vested shares into equity as and when it suits them – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
Employee equity schemes have been broken for too long; it’s time to create a world where everyone can be a stakeholder.
Capdesk is remote-friendly, but more importantly team-first. We have amazing people all over the world but most of the team is split between Copenhagen and London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices. Applicants are welcome from every time zone within UTC -2 and +2.
We’re a lean team, so every hire is significant to us. We’re looking for each newcomer to strengthen our mission, our team and our culture – and challenge us to get better.
We completed an £8m Series A in March 2021, and we have over 1000 of Europe's startups and scale-ups using our software. We’re gearing up to go further, across Europe and beyond. That’s where you come in.
About the role
As our Sales Director, you’ll join a robust commercial leadership team with backgrounds from the likes of Google, Onfido, Pleo, Depop & Triptease. You will work directly with them, our COO and our CEO to reach our commercial goals.
We are well-established in the UK and the Nordics and expanding into the rest of Europe. Several markets across Europe have shown strong interest in our product, and we already have customers and presence in Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and France. The next 1-2 years, we need to consolidate our leading position in Europe by successfully establishing ourselves across all major new markets in Europe. We also have promising revenue streams outside our core subscription business that we need to build out, including services and transactions.
As a commercial team, we rally around shared goals across Sales, CS and Growth (Marketing) functions to avoid siloed working across teams. We believe in accountable cross-collaboration.
Coming into this role, we’d expect you to help us achieve our commercial goals, lead on our sales strategy and European expansion, and to further build out and lead our Sales team.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Own, build and lead our Sales teams for both UK and Europe, including designing team compensation plans that align with commercial goals
- Coach and develop the Sales team
- Create, share and realize a vision for the future of our Sales department, including recruiting
- Iterate and execute European strategy
- Participate in wider strategic work, for example: market selection, strategic product roadmap, pricing, partnerships.
These are the skills and experiences we’re looking for:
- At least five years of experience working in high growth startups, ideally from Series A to Series B+ investment (50 to 200 headcount).
- Excellent technical sales, sales management and coaching skills.
- A data-driven mindset to scaling revenue streams and experience leading and coaching teams. We’re not talking about hiring 50 people, but thinking about how we can use data and automation to scale smart & fast.
- Exceptional recruitment skills and excellent communication and collaboration skills. You can set a clear direction, report status, work constructively, and are comfortable being radically honest with those around you, including leadership.
- Comfortable working with multiple revenue streams across several product offerings in different product maturity stages.
- Affinity for the equity space and our mission.
- Knowledge of or interest in employee equity, corporate finance and/or private equity investment.
- Working knowledge of our current Sales and Growth tool suite Hubspot, Salesloft & Cognism.
- Market launching experience, you’re familiar with the challenges faced by product development and new market entry.
To succeed in this role, your character matters just as much as your technical skills. Does this sound like you?
- You are ambitious and don’t sit on the sidelines
- You are obsessed with learning new things and challenging yourself
- You see every mistake as an opportunity to grow
- You’re a naturally thoughtful and considerate person
The fine print
What we can offer you:
- A base salary of £80-100k, depending on the level of experience, with a double OTE + bonus + equity + benefits
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach - everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- You get your very own company credit card (Pleo), so no more expenses hassle
- 25 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Very flexible working - we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Quarterly company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials)
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- We're one of Tempo's Top 50 startups to work for 2021
- We're on Otta's 2021 Rocket List: London's fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.