Elvie are looking for a Procurement Manager (12 month FTC) to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
At Elvie, we don’t believe women's bodies are the problem. Instead, we believe the problem is that the needs of women’s bodies – and therefore, lives – have been ignored, misunderstood, and underestimated.
Founded by Tania Bolder in 2013, Elvie has been improving women's lives through better – and smarter – technology ever since. We develop innovations that meet the unique needs and complexities of the female body so that women can take charge of their health across every life stage.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is a multi-award-winning device bringing hospital-grade pelvic floor care to the hands of women everywhere— it was even a gift in the Oscar Nominee Goody Bags! And now, we're proud to say that we're part of the NHS Supply Chain in the UK.
Our second innovation was Elvie Pump. Launched in 2019, it's the world's first silent, wearable breast pump, enabling women to pump wherever they please— even the catwalk at London Fashion Week. It’s since won numerous awards, including the Times 100 Best Inventions of 2019 and ‘Wearable Design of the Year’ at the Dezeen Awards. The initial success of our wellness tools gave us the means to expand our breastfeeding range to include Elvie Curve and Elvie Catch, both designed to give mothers total comfort and confidence.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including the prestigious Red Dot Design award). We’re ranked as one of the 15 startups ‘To Watch’ by The Sunday Times and Business Insider and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by Syndicate Room. Our founder and CEO, Tania Boler, is regularly profiled in top-tier media titles, and, in 2021, Tania was named GLAMOUR’s Women of the Year: Technology Gamechanger.
In July 2021, Elvie announced an $80 million Series C funding, the number one position and biggest raise in an initial fundraising round in the femtech category.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to the Senior Procurement Manager, we are seeking a Procurement Manager. In this role you will manage all aspects of the relationships with our key manufacturers, ensuring our products reflect the quality customers expect of a premium brand. You will be responsible for sourcing, negotiations, contracting and ongoing supplier appraisals, as well as ensuring the manufacture of all our finished goods meet our business supply plan. You will be results driven and striving for continuous improvement. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communication, have strong analytical skills and will enjoy working in a fast paced environment where every week presents a different challenge.
- Get hands-on with our current products to ensure that our OEM’s are producing products to meet the high quality expectations our premium brand commands.
- Managing capacity constraints in line with the business plan and working with CMs to ensure we have enough capacity to meet business objectives.
- Deep dive into the assembly line and work closely with the project team and product engineers to ensure we continue to drive efficiencies.
- Work closely with the Supply Planning Manager to develop and manage a supply plan and rolling forecast which will allow us to meet expectations during this exciting period of rapid growth.
- Manage the yield rate, rework and quality issues as they arise with the OEM.
- Ensure effective new product introductions and end of life plans to maximise cost savings.
- Review proposed product improvements with our Engineering team and implement approved changes with our OEMs through Engineering Change Orders.
- Ensure traceability throughout the supply chain, of revisions, batches and UDIs to support the regulatory requirements of medical devices.
- 2-5 years experience in an Operations, Procurement, Production or Supply Chain roles
- A sound level of demonstrable experience of managing global OEM relationships and contracts, preferably including relationships in Asia
- Experience of electronics manufacturing and component sourcing, including leading on RFPs and RFQs to drive sourcing initiatives and savings
- Highly analytical and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, identifying areas of risk and implementing mitigation strategies
- A knowledge of the considerations for manufacturing medical devices would be advantageous
- Experience with negotiating to ensure that we are always obtaining excellent value from our key contractors from OEMs to packaging partners
- Preferably CIPs qualified or working towards the qualification
Location: Bristol or London, we are flexible as long as you are happy to come into the office 2-3 days per week.
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 884 7223.