FitXR are looking for a Senior Engineer - Fullstack (Product Growth)- VR to join their team.
We believe in a future where you can exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality. To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
Senior Engineers at FitXR work on client-side technologies in our core Virtual Reality product. They lead by example and work together with Engineers and roles from other disciplines in teams dedicated to areas of the product to solve common goals.
This role will be a founding member of our new growth/acquisition team, working on enriching and optimising the customer journey to get more players experiencing FitXR.
- Develop features and improvements to FitXR products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Work in cross-functional teams with Product Management and other contributors like Artists, QA and UX to iterate on new features within FitXR.
- Write code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Consistently ship features and improvements with minimal direct guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Help improve the overall experience of our product through improving the quality of Application features both in your team and features that benefit other teams.
- Help identify areas of improvements in the codebase, both specific to your team and outside your team and help contribute to make it better.
- Learn, collaborate, feedback to and teach other Engineers.
- Provide mentorship for other Engineers in your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers.
- Exert technical influence on the overall vision and long-range goals of your team by helping to solve problems with a high-level of definition and high complexity.
- Plays an active role in helping the team prioritise bugs and tasks from our issue management platform.
- Follow our Software Development Lifecycle and prioritise actions that support a well planned and documented implementation.
- Contribute heavily to team’s agile processes such as Backlog Planning, Daily Standups and Retrospectives.
- Participate in company and department level activities like Show and Tell sessions, team training and company all-hands meetings.
- Demonstrable experience in Unity VR game development with C#.
- Demonstrable experience in C# and .NET Core server-side development.
- Understanding of modern API design paradigms like REST.
- Experience writing CRUD operations to SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong experience in Object Oriented development concepts.
- Experience with source control systems like PlasticSCM in a professional/workplace environment.
- Understands and has worked with CI/CD pipelines.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal English, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Clear and concise communicator about complex technical, architectural and organisational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Experience with performance and optimisation problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Comfort working in a highly agile and iterative software development process.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with great organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organisation.
- Share our mission, vision, principles and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first organization
🧘♂️ 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30 BST)
💴 Competitive compensation with six-month reviews
💻 brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited annual leave policy
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do
🧘♂️ £1400 per annum wellness and learning budget