Founded in 2017 by our CEO, James, and co-founder, Callum, we’re an award-winning technology startup with a mission to offer people a fairer kind of car insurance. With the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, we’re bringing the same level of on-demand convenience to car ownership that people now expect from taxis and take-away food.
We’re now looking for a Product Manager to join our newly formed Policy team. You will be part of a small team focused on improving the products and platforms we use to manage the full policy lifecycle for our members, including our internal administration tool used by our Customer Experience team to serve our members.
As our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind, our policy has proven popular with UK motorists, who voted us Best Car Insurance Provider and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
Reporting to our Head of Product, you’ll have the opportunity to respond to exciting business demands with solutions that make us more efficient and increase revenue, while empowering our Customer Experience team to serve our members with reliable policy information.
As the founding Product Manager in our newly formed Policy team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape team norms, mission, vision and ways of working in partnership with your talented and supportive cross-functional team.
By Miles employees are an engaged and passionate bunch, so there will never be a shortage of ideas internally about what the Policy team should be working on. You will be influential in identifying and shaping the most impactful projects that can be delivered efficiently and you’ll see the impact of your product solutions right away.
We’re looking for someone who will be able to hit the ground running, and enjoy working with different teams across our business to solve problems for our members and continuously make our service better.
We would love someone with the following skills and experience to join our team:
Skills and attitude
- You're very detail-oriented and focused with really strong prioritisation skills.
- You enjoy motivating others, and are able to influence and encourage a team of engineers.
- You’re able to adapt your communication style to different stakeholders as appropriate and have technical conversations with engineers.
- You enjoy digging into data to spot opportunities to improve user experience, increase revenue or make us more efficient.
- You’re a strong communicator who is able to break down complex requirements into simple objectives & acceptance criteria.
- You’re analytical and numerate.
- You have strong project management and organisation skills.
- You can move easily between ‘big picture’ thinking when shaping product strategy and the granular details when specifying product requirements.
- You actively enjoy working collaboratively with, and managing the expectations of, cross-departmental stakeholders.
- You have a customer-centric mindset with a passion for driving product-led growth.
- Solid experience in at least one other Product role.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing data, market research and using customer feedback to make decisions.
- Strong experience in gathering requirements, analysing complex business processes and scenario planning.
- Experience capturing and documenting requirements, translating these into user stories and scenario planning
- Demonstrable experience planning and facilitating user testing sessions.
And if you have some of the below, it's an added bonus, but not essential!
- Worked in an insurance software house (e.g. BrokerDirect, OpenGI, Applied, etc.)
- Experience of the car insurance/insurance domain.
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on great things this year, and we’re ready to grow. We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Fully Hybrid Working - We will never force you to work from a location that doesn’t work for you, and we are committed to finding new ways of collaborating that make distributed working, work.
- Verified by flexa as a truly flexible employer.
- Allowance to get your work-from-anywhere set up, set up.
- Opportunities for part-time and flexible working - we are always open to discussing this, so please let us know if this might be right for you.
- Clean, bright, spacious office in Hammersmith
- Monthly one-to-one coaching sessions with our in-house coach Helen McMillan.
- Access to on-demand mental health support through Spill.
- Fully Flexible Benefits through our partner Thanks Ben, choose the benefits that matter most to you from Health Insurance, Pension Tops Ups, Learning & Development top-ups, or turn anything else into a benefit with your Thanks Ben Card.
- Real Living Wage for new parents, regardless of gender, or amount of time taken with your new addition to the family.
- Compassionate leave, Parental Bereavement Leave - When the worst happens, we want you to take the time you need without worrying about money or work.
- Sabbaticals - When you’ve been with us for 3 years you can take a paid sabbatical to rest, recharge, travel, learn a new skill, anything you want!
- Regular Socials - both Virtual and In-person.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary : £40,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience
Location: London, with flexible or UK Hybrid working options.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.