Founded in 2017 by our CEO, James, and co-founder, Callum, we’re an award-winning technology startup with a mission to offer people a fairer kind of car insurance. With the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, we’re bringing the same level of on-demand convenience to car ownership that people now expect from taxis and take-away food.
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Customers team! You will be instrumental in helping us scale our product and support our company mission to ‘make driving fairer’.
As our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind, our policy has proven popular with UK motorists, who voted us Best Car Insurance Provider and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
Reporting to our Head of Product, you’ll work within our cross-functional Customers team alongside a talented and collaborative group of developers, QA engineers and product designers to shape a product that meets the needs of our customers and deliver an intuitive buying experience that will grow our customer base.
This is a growth-oriented product role where you’ll have the opportunity to shape the direction in which we take our digital products, making them relevant and accessible to a wider group of customers. Our policies are available to purchase both direct on our website and through all major car insurance comparison sites, and with our ever-increasing web traffic, you’ll be able to see the impact of your product decisions at scale!
We’re looking for someone who will be able to hit the ground running, and enjoy working with different teams across our business to solve problems for our customers and continuously make our service better.
We would love someone with the following skills and experience to join our team:
Skills and attitude
- You have a commercial mindset and a passion for driving sustainable growth.
- You’re curious; you actively value learning and enjoy experimenting (A/B testing will be an important part of this role).
- You’re a proactive thinker who’s comfortable influencing ‘the way we do things’.
- You move easily between ‘big picture’ thinking when defining product strategy and the granular details when specifying feature requirements.
- You actively enjoy working collaboratively with, and managing the expectations of, cross-departmental stakeholders and are able to empathise with both customers and stakeholders.
- You’re comfortable having technical conversations and communicating with your team to continuously improve how you work together.
- You’re able to discover, interpret and prioritise customer and stakeholder needs.
- You’re able to write user stories and break down complex requirements into simple objectives and acceptance criteria.
- You are analytical and numerate with strong project management and organisation skills.
- Solid experience in at least one other Product role (or something very transferable).
- Demonstrable experience of analysing performance data, market research and using customer feedback to make decisions.
- Experience using analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Google Optimise/Optimizely, Hotjar/Lucky Orange.
- Experience planning and facilitating user testing sessions.
And if you have some of the below, it's an added bonus, but not essential!
- Experience in Conversion Rate Optimisation through A/B testing.
- Knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL).
- Experience using Metabase.
- Experience using vector design software, e.g. Sketch or Figma.
- Working in a regulated industry.
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on great things this year, and we’re ready to grow. We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Fully Hybrid Working - We will never force you to work from a location that doesn’t work for you, and we are committed to finding new ways of collaborating that make distributed working, work.
- Verified by flexa as a truly flexible employer.
- Allowance to get your work-from-anywhere set up, set up.
- Opportunities for part-time and flexible working - we are always open to discussing this, so please let us know if this might be right for you.
- Clean, bright, spacious office in Hammersmith
- Monthly one-to-one coaching sessions with our in-house coach Helen McMillan.
- Access to on-demand mental health support through Spill.
- Fully Flexible Benefits through our partner Thanks Ben, choose the benefits that matter most to you from Health Insurance, Pension Tops Ups, Learning & Development top-ups, or turn anything else into a benefit with your Thanks Ben Card.
- Real Living Wage for new parents, regardless of gender, or amount of time taken with your new addition to the family.
- Compassionate leave, Parental Bereavement Leave - When the worst happens, we want you to take the time you need without worrying about money or work.
- Sabbaticals - When you’ve been with us for 3 years you can take a paid sabbatical to rest, recharge, travel, learn a new skill, anything you want!
- Regular Socials - both Virtual and In-person.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary : £40,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience
Location: London, with flexible or UK Hybrid working options.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.