Unmind are looking for a Head of Product Design to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as our Head of Product Design.Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!The Role – Head of Product Design
The last year has been a transformative period for the topic of mental health. We've all gone on our own wellbeing journeys - for many, it has been a time of grief, loneliness, and anxiety while for others, it has been an opportunity for reflection and growth. If there is a silver lining from the last year it’s that the appreciation, education, and investment in mental health and wellbeing has been accelerated.
As a company, we have always believed that the positioning, narrative, and imagery around mental health is misrepresented. If we are going to truly break the stigma and make a lasting impact in the workplace and across broader society we need to create an experience that repositions mental health as something we all nurture on a daily basis.
We have spent the last 5 years on creating the Unmind experience as a small UK startup. We are now ready to take that to the next level and are looking for someone who understands the power of design & research in transforming people’s relationship with subjects and who is energised to change the relationship people have, around the world, with the topic of mental health. Our vision is a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured and celebrated - we are looking for a Head of Product Design who shares our vision and whose role it will be to lead design function to curate a design vision that inspires beautiful customer experiences which engages our users to form healthy habits.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate an unwavering passion for product design, which inspires those around you and delights the users of our product
- Champion the value of research to unearth the problem and systematically evolve our product to achieve our vision of a world where mental health is celebrated and nurtured
- Embrace the uniqueness of the human race and champion accessibility for all
- Deeply care about the quality of the experience, which mirrors our passion for scientifically validated content that enables users to reach high positive mental health
- Build strong partnerships with colleagues across the organisation, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Content and our Leadership team, to ensure that our teams have the right processes, context and support to create a world-class product experience
- Lead and define the product design vision, strategy and principles; providing direction & support to the designers & researchers working in product development
- Maintain and promote a strong relationship with the wider creative community at Unmind. Collaborating with the brand & content leadership teams to ensure a cohesive brand & design language across the organisation and end to end experience.
- Recruit and develop amazing designers by defining their career paths, identify opportunities and inspire them to do the best work of their lives
- Promote an environment of diversity, transparency and trust, where your team can feel empowered to share ideas, be challenged, and fulfil their potential
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A successful track record as a Design Director or Head of Product Design in a fast growth company, leading design and research teams, who work in cross functional product teams
- A demonstrable talent for creating experiences that engages users to form healthy habits
- Experience of building design systems that span product and brand/creative
- A portfolio showcasing a track record of delivering industry leading work, including B2B2C
- The know-how to build meaningful cross-functional relationships to ensure our product and brand are design-led
- A user-first mindset and cares about design from strategy through to execution
- An awareness of platform ecosystem design principles and frameworks
- Experience recruiting, mentoring and managing top industry talent
- Passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace