We’re looking for a creative and energetic Copywriter & Content Manager who can help us keep both current and future policyholders excited about the future of pay-by-mile.
In 2018, we launched the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, and we’ve been growing quickly ever since. We’re looking for a creative and energetic Copywriter & Content Manager, with social media experience who can help keep both current and future policyholders excited about the future of pay-by-mile.
As our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind, our policy has proven popular with UK motorists, who voted us Best Car Insurance Provider and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
We’re passionate about making driving fairer for everyone (not just drivers). If insurance is usage-based, there’s less congestion on our roads, we see the benefits of reduced emissions, public health improves, and the roads are safer for everyone. Our policies are now available to purchase through all major car insurance comparison sites, and we have partnerships with several major global insurers.
We’re looking to keep growing our member base, keeping them happy and attracting new lower mileage drivers with content and creativity that continues to bring our ever-evolving brand to life.
Reporting to our Senior Communications Manager, the Copywriter & Content Manager will help us keep improving our presence, primarily across our digital channels. You will be responsible for managing our social media and content roadmaps to deliver on our social media and content strategies, supporting our SEO strategy with engaging and educational content, while also helping to write customer communications, and coming up with creative concepts for website copy or marketing campaigns.
You’ll be a skilled, versatile writer with a keen eye for detail, as comfortable using emojis as you are with semi-colons. While you’ll be disciplined enough to stick to guidelines when needed – you should have the wit and charm to rewrite them too (when appropriate).
In the past 12-months, we’ve delivered creative work for national TV and radio campaigns, launched a widely read monthly member email, as well as extensive social media activity across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, so it’s safe to say that no two projects will be the same!
You’ll be supported by our brand, customer experience and marketing teams, to help you ensure we deliver work that’s consistent with our brand look, tone and feel.
If you’re proactive, organised and able to work both with a team and independently, we’d love to hear from you. Help our community thrive, solve problems, come up with new ways to keep our member base happy and attract potential new customers to join us.
We would love someone with the following skills and experience to join our team:
Skills and attitude
- You have great written communication skills, with experience in researching and copywriting for a range of material, from long-form blogs, to emails, to online and offline adverts, to short and snappy tweets.
- You have a keen eye for detail, good knowledge of grammar and experience of proofreading the work of others.
- You’re disciplined enough to stick to guidelines when needed – but with the wit and charm to rewrite them too (when appropriate).
- You’re organised and able to prioritise work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re a good collaborator, used to working with other designers, creatives and marketers to deliver conceptual work that responds to a brief.
- You’re a natural people-person, who is comfortable speaking with customers to get first-hand feedback.
- You will lead the writing, creation and delivery of a content timeline for our website, producing regular articles for our member magazine, sometimes with the help of specialist writers and experts.
- You own the social media strategy on our social platforms, primarily Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You’ll be creating and curating an engaging content plan to excite and grow our follower-base, working with our Customer Experience Community specialists to engage with replies and responses.
- You’re a team player, keen to collaborate with our marketing, comms, brand and customer experience teams to shape and deliver our long-term content strategy and tone of voice.
We’d like to meet someone with:
- Proven experience in creative writing, across digital, email, and social channels, as well as coming up with concepts for both online and offline advertising (direct response and brand campaigns).
- Fluent written English to a high editorial standard.
- Experience in managing a timeline or roadmap of content.
- Experience in researching sometimes complex topics to create engaging articles that are optimised for SEO.
- A track record of successfully growing the social following and profile of a brand.
- Basic knowledge of Excel in order to manage email lists.
- Prior experience of using CMS platforms like Wordpress or email platforms like Mailchimp or Mailerlite.
And if you have some of the below, it's an added bonus, but not essential!
- Have experience running blogger or influencer outreach campaigns.
- Have previously written copy for in-app features or digital products.
- Know how to use any programmes from Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign primarily) or Sketch.
- Have had any exposure (however limited) to coding, HTML or front-end development.
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on great things this year, and we’re ready to grow. We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Fully Hybrid Working - We will never force you to work from a location that doesn’t work for you, and we are committed to finding new ways of collaborating that make distributed working, work.
- Verified by flexa as a truly flexible employer.
- Allowance to get your work-from-anywhere set up, set up.
- Opportunities for part-time and flexible working - we are always open to discussing this, so please let us know if this might be right for you.
- Clean, bright, spacious office in Hammersmith
- Monthly one-to-one coaching sessions with our in-house coach Helen McMillan.
- Access to on-demand mental health support through Spill.
- Fully Flexible Benefits through our partner Thanks Ben, choose the benefits that matter most to you from Health Insurance, Pension Tops Ups, Learning & Development top-ups, or turn anything else into a benefit with your Thanks Ben Card.
- Real Living Wage for new parents, regardless of gender, or amount of time taken with your new addition to the family.
- Compassionate leave, Parental Bereavement Leave - When the worst happens, we want you to take the time you need without worrying about money or work.
- Sabbaticals - When you’ve been with us for 3 years you can take a paid sabbatical to rest, recharge, travel, learn a new skill, anything you want!
- Regular Socials - both Virtual and In-person.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary : £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
Location: London, with flexible or UK Hybrid working options.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.